Chapter 21: First Mission

"Had a nice nap?" He smirked amusingly.

"Tell me where the girl is hmm?" He chuckled, crouching down to the boy's level.
"Maybe after I skin you," The boy sneered. Slade's sadistic grin widened as he slapped him across the face.

"I'll get the truth out of you and she'll be mine, my personal little weapon." 

"She's not a weapon!" Damian snapped.

"I don't care what you consider boy, now, I'd kill you now but your mother would slit my throat, and that's the last thing I need right now," He explained, sighing in disappointment.

"Boss?" A man called out from behind him. The older man turned around, nodding as the soldier stepped in, arms behind his back.

"We have the information, we need to move, the associate and our men will be meeting soon," He informed.

"Very well," Slade lifted his arm in the air and waved him away.

"Shame I don't have more time to break you down," He sighed, crossing his arms over his chest and completely ignoring the young bird's hard gaze. A small smirk danced across the elder man's features before he turned away and walked out.

 A small smirk danced across the elder man's features before he turned away and walked out

Damian released a frustrated breath as the door closed shut in front of him. He pulled on each arm as hard as he could wincing slightly as the grip around his wrists burnt his skin. He cursed in Arabic, scanning around the room for anything that might help him escape.

He groaned audibly when his attempts failed, letting his body relax in the restraints as he thought of a plan to get himself out. It must have been ten minutes before some intensive movement and shuffling with the lock made Damian look up from the floor. The door creaked open as Nightwing scanned around.

"There's no one here," Damian nodded as Nightwing tiptoed inside and got on his knees to untie his brother's bonds.

"Did you find anything?" He asked, glancing up at the young bird for a split second as he worked on Damian's wrists.

"Yes, I think they have an accord with Lex Luthor, they plan on meeting in Happy Harbour very soon," He explained.

"What for?"

"I don't know,"

"Okay, let's get back to Batman," Nightwing nodded, scanning the corridor as they prepared to head back.

"We're on our way back," Damian informed through the intercom.

"Understood," Red Hood grumbled through the other end.

******

"Lex Luthor?" Black Canary asked, her arms crossed over her chest as she inspected the screen in front of her. (Y/N) had a similar stance as Wally leaned against the table and Roy sat on a chair in proximity, elbows holding himself up on this knees.

"Yes, according to Damian, Deathstroke's highest men and Lex Luthor are going to meet at a club near Happy Harbour, but we won't get there in time." Nightwing clarified from behind the Bat.

"Okay, we'll discuss a strategy, focus on coming home," The blonde nodded as Batman shortly followed suit. The screen turned off as she pressed a button on the keyboard.

"Roy, I want you to get into the club and put a recording and tracking device on one of the men to record what their deal is. Wally, I want you as a backup in case something doesn't go according to plan. Tim and I will be on the receiving end to lead you every step of the way." She explained. They all nodded, walking out of the briefing room to get ready.

"Dinah?" (Y/N) asked when everyone was gone.
"Yes?"

"I want to take part in the mission," She informed.

"(Y/N)," She sighed.

"No, I need to do this, it's about me! I don't want all of you involved in my mess because it's mine, you guys don't deserve to be dragged in as well," She breathed out helplessly. (Y/N) was right, Dinah knew it, it was only a matter of time before she would get herself involved.

"What are you suggesting?" She sighed, putting her hands on her hips.

"Well, Roy will need a girl to seem less suspicious, maybe-"

"A couple," She smiled in realisation.

"Um, no, I wasn't thinking that we could-"

"No, no, no couple is good, no one will suspect a thing," She nodded, "follow me, I have a dress you could use!"

******

"Change of plan Roy, (Y/N) will be your 'girlfriend'. She'll be a waitress and you go to see her after you've finished working," Dinah revealed through the intercom.

"Okay," he informed as they strolled down the street, Roy's arm around (Y/N)'s waist.

"Are you sure about this?" He muttered as they took a right turn.

"Not really but this is my fight, I need to be part of it," She answered. He nodded pulling her a little closer as two men who were previously chatting beside a door stopped their conversation to look at her.

(Y/N) flushed awkwardly behind her digitally displayed mask. She wasn't entirely sure how this mask, Dinah had only briefed her vaguely about, worked. But she trusted it.

"Eyes off," The redhead growled, the two men snapped their heads away. The girl hogged Roy's arm as they arrived near the club.

"You'll be okay alright? Wally is already in there, he'll keep an eye on you for an hour and a half and then I'll come in," He started, (Y/N) nodded as the information processed in her brain.

"Here is the recorder, it's better than the initial plan, just drop it into the drinks, it'll dissolve until it becomes invisible to the naked eye we'll be done when they drink it."

"Okay," She breathed out, "okay okay okay okay,"

"Hey," He snapped her out of her upcoming anxiety, "you'll do fine," His hands cupped her cheeks and he offered her a reassuring smile. She returned it, nodding and backing slightly away from him.

"Coleen is the bartender, she's agreed to act like you're a waitress for the night, she's maybe a little bit shorter than you with jet black shoulder length hair."

"Okay, thank you," She smiled. He kissed her temple and stared into her eyes deeply.

 He kissed her temple and stared into her eyes deeply

  "Now get out there and kick ass," He chuckled.  

Comments, votes and feedback improve motivation, writing and publishing, so it is in your best interest to leave some! :)