Chapter 6: New Residence

Nightwing mimicked his mentor's action, knowing exactly what he was thinking.

"You know what to do!" Batman whispered to him.

-------------

A few days later....

Your PoV

I sighed as I gazed at the big lake in front of me. For a billionaire, you'd think he'd have a house in the middle of Gotham to display his wealth and all, not in the middle of a forest kilometres away from the city, with a huge body of water a few meters away. I clung to the leather jacket as the cold attempted to get to me. Heavy footsteps made its way towards the balcony. Soon, the Red Hood was standing beside me, only in his domino mask. We stayed in a comfortable silence for a few minutes until I spoke up.

"Thank you."

"Uh?" He asked, gazing towards me.

"For everything, the jacket and taking care of Grey, I don't know what he would have done without you. Neither would I for that matter." I chuckled sadly. I never looked at him, knowing that even if I did, I could not get an expression from him in his domino mask.

"It's nothing, I know how it feels to be alone." He smiled sadly. I place a comforting hand on his arm and stood close to him. We were once again engulfed in silence.

"Are you okay?" He whispered, breaking the silence. I hummed questioningly.

"You've been distant and kinda nervous since the whole..."

"Yeah I know, I'm just a bit shaken up that's all." I whispered, looking down at the ground.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head.

"Not yet..." I mumbled.

"Do you want a hug?" He chuckled. I smiled as I nodded enthusiastically. He opened his arms to me.

I smiled as I placed my hands on his chest, nuzzling my face into his neck as he tightened his grip around my waist and placed his chin on my head

I smiled as I placed my hands on his chest, nuzzling my face into his neck as he tightened his grip around my waist and placed his chin on my head. I sighed peacefully as I breathed in his scent. His aura and warmth making me feel at ease. The door to the balcony opened automatically as Nightwing appeared along with Kid Flash.

"Mr Wayne has kindly accepted our offer. You can stay for as long as you want." He nodded.

"I don't need your 'Bruce Wayne' act, I know who all of you are." I smiled at them. Nightwing raised an eyebrow.

"Dick Grayson, Wally West, Jason Todd!" I pointed, still in Jason's chest.

"How do you know?" Nightwing asked. Kid Flash raised an eyebrow at me, waiting for a response as I never answered his.

"It's kinda obvious. No offence, but you're not that great at hiding your identity."

Dick hummed suspiciously.