Chapter 29: Found Out

A single tear trailed down her already damp cheek

A single tear trailed down her already damp cheek. Why would she be returning there?

Oh yes, to see Kai. Taking a deep breath, she gripped her necklace and focused her energy on it. Soon enough, it started glowing and she felt her surrounding fade away. Hovering above ground, she felt a huge current of wind picking at her face before her surrounding materialised again and she landed on her feet.

The girl released a relieved breath. The air was so much more pleasant to inhale, it was just a little chilly. The tall trees towered over her and dipped their leaves down around her. The soothing wind was much more pleasant to listen to as it rustled the leaves and guided the cherry blossom petals into a vaultz around the air.

It was nighttime, but the spirits were still venturing through the stars, creating beautiful shades of colours twinkling up above.

(Y/N) didn't realise how much she'd miss being here.

"My child," she heard a familiar voice. Her eyes widened and her head snapped backwards, becoming incredibly distrustful at what her ears just heard.

"T-Tamaska?" she choked, seeing the spirit of the well-known king. He was still standing tall, the same kind gaze in his eyes, he was much brighter, the white aura surrounding him and made his fur much more luminous was a clear sight that he was a spirit still wondering the earth.

She raced to him, in tears, collapsing in front of him and attempting to touch him.

"You're still here," she smiled desperately, feeling the warm of the air as her hand travel through him.

"I am, and I am here for you," he nodded. They walked side by side to the end of the cliff. She sat there, glancing at the dark oblivion down below. A bunch of wild griffins flew out of a cave from the cliff on the other side of the vast darkness below.

"The only reason I am still down here... and not up there," his snout tilted upwards towards the sky before staring back in the distance, "is that I need to complete my duty down here."

The girl turned to look at him. He did not budge.

"I can feel your conflict," The wolf started, "you don't feel fit to be a Queen, nor do you want to be," he gazed to her, watching her nod to confirm his statement.

"I know it will be hard to adjust to, but it has to be done, you know that. For the ceremony, you will have to cut along your forearm and place your hand on it while reciting the ritual I have taught you," he nodded. The girl gulped, "if you feel unfit during your reign, you will be able to coronate someone else, the rightful title of king will be accepted if the people and the person you are coronated approve."

The girl's eyes lit up.

"But-" she stopped herself, realising she was interrupting his instructions.

"I understand you concerns about wanting to venture the world, but, I cannot break the tradition," he sighed apologetically.

"W-wait, Tamaska," her eyebrows furrowed desperately as he walked away slowly, knowing it was his time now. His ear turned to her, showing that his attention was still on her.

"How do I know when I'm ready to cornorate someone else," she scurried back to him, but not in time. He chuckled, turning to her and bowing respectfully.

"As a new Queen, you will have to figure that out for yourself," his form started fading away slowly as it made its way upwards, into the sky.

"I will still be with you my child, always," was the last thing he said as his glow moved upwards and disappeared into the rest of the spirits.

"I love you," she choked, biting her lip and finally bowing back. She was brought back to her senses when everything was fading away again.

W-what's happening? I'm not supposed to teleport anywhere.

She was alarmed as she hovered above ground. Loud sparkles rang in her ear and flashing lights blinded her sight before she was propelled outwards, hitting something hard. Her surroundings melted into something solid again.

How did she get back on Earth?

****

"Do you know where she could have run off to?" Dick sighed, searching with his torch light across the darkness of the forest.

"I really don't," Wally sulked.

"Hey, don't worry, we'll find her," He patted his best friend's shoulder reassuringly.

"It's not that, it's just, you should have seen the look in her face when she found out about that stupid juvenile game. She was so pissed but it was so apparent how much it upset her," the ginger sighed. Dick bit his lip shamefully.

"We'll figure this all out when it's over okay? Right now our number one priority is to find her." he started firmly.

"Yeah, you're right," Wally grumbled.

"Come in, Nightwing," his earpiece rang in his ear.

"Yeah?" Dick pressed on it.

"We have a situation, come back here quickly," Batman coughed on the other side of the line.

"What's happening over there?" Wally pressed on his in alarm.

"Luthor, and a lot of other villains have broken into the mount, they've-" the line broke suddenly and it was only static.

"Shit!" Dick yelled as they both made their way out of the forest towards the car.

"Wally, go scout out, be careful, I'll be there in a bit!" He ordered, the ginger nodded, using his superspeed to race to the car and put his Kid Flash suit on.

*****

The girl stood up, nearly losing her balance. She held her red cheek, feeling how painful it was from the impact against a tree. Her heartbeat was loud in her ears.

Why was I pushed out of Arvaysia? Was I banned somehow?

Her fingers gripped her necklace and perceived her necklace's luminosity slowly fading away.

Crap, the energy was running out already, going to Arvaysia wasn't a good idea after Kai took some of the energy away to stay off Luthor's radar. It was only a one-way trip there now.

This was very suggestive: going there and not coming back. The girl sighed deeply.

This is really happening.

She ran in the direction she thought was safety, only to find herself back at the hotel.

Thankful for Canary's training, she remember how, according to protocol and if nothing has happened, he would be searching for her. Climbing up the building, she decided that taking her belongings would be a safe choice, hopefully they were still there.

Sliding the unlocked window open, she landing swiftly on the floor.

Something was wrong, she could sense it. Why are all Wally's things still here? He would have at least reported to someone right?

His message board was still on the table. Ignoring it, she put her spare clothes back in her small bag. Her eyes kept averting to his message board, she really felt something was wrong, what could it be?

Her eyebrows knitted together as she saw a little red flashing light on the message board. Cautiously, she walked towards it and turned it on. It was an anonymous message but it was easy to decipher who it was from.

~Code red alert, multiple villains have broken into Mount Justice, they have gassed the place, everyone recon there~

Must have been Black Canary. The girl gulped nervously, feeling conflicted once again. She could return to Arvaysia and prepare for her coronation -- but her friends helped her so much and she was eternally grateful, even if the four men completely broke her heart. Grasping the board, she made up her mind.

Comments, votes and feedback improve motivation, writing and publishing, so it is in your best interest to leave some! :)