Chapter 30: The Plan Of Attack

Her breathing was ragged as she morphed back into her human form and leaned against a tree

Desperately attempting to control her breathing and make less noise as her lungs burned, she sat down on the ground. The Mount could be seen from where she was sitting.

What am I doing? She thought. The girl came back on instinct and didn't even took the time to think, she was supposed to go back to her kingdom to be coronated and here she was, going back to the people -- most of which she called friends and somehow thinking she could save the whole team -- who had been unsuccessful to take down three villains.

After everything, (Y/N) definitely had to try, because she has the same advantage the villains had when they attacked the place: the element of surprise.

****

"You? Really? You had to keep an eye on one weak little girl and none of you know where she is?" Deathstroke roared in mock laughter.

"Even you, Batman, that's disappointing," Lex sighed, "this means you are all useless to us now,"

"Having Lilith as an asset would have been useful if those stupid muts didn't kill her," Slade sighed, "how inconvienent,"

The girl heard the conversation as she crawled through the air vents in her kitten form, who knew this form would become useful. She was light enough to not make a single sound but still have the benefits of her tweaked senses.

Seeing everyone in cages or restrained to stop their power made her feel an incredible weight of guilt, this was her fault.

Her kitten eyes scanned around the big, common room for anything that might be helpful to do anything.

Suddenly, a great idea popped in her mind as her feet rushed down the way she came through in the air vent towards the security room. Shifting into her jaguar form, she blended into the darkness as she jumped down in front of the door and sniffed it.

An unfamiliar smell, probably one of the criminal's men. Scratching the door, she growled softly once she heard that she had caught the man's attention and backed away from the door slightly, positioning herself to pounce on the man.

Her heart raced in her chest as she heard the footsteps increase and the door opening. Without a moment of hesitation, as soon as she perceived his confused face, she jumped on him, headbutting the man in the chin and scratching his chest as he fell on the ground, swiftly, she turned back into her human self and slammed the nearest object into his face, knocking him out cold.

The girl released a shaky breath as she stood back up cautiously, pulling the man against the chair and slowly closed the door after peaking through it to make sure no one was coming.

After tying up the man and placing him against the wall with tape on his mouth, she sat down on the chair and examined the screens.

In the room, she was just in, were still the same people. She perceived another room with the rest of the team. Her fingers tapped nervously against the desk as her teeth chewed on her lip, trying to come up with a plan.

The girl suddenly remembered her training, what Black Canary had told her over and over again when they were sparring.

To "make sure to use your power to her advantage,"

****

"We told you already that we don't know where she is, why are you being a complete asshole about it!" Red Hood cursed, holding his rib that had been stabbed with his cuffed wrists.

His best friend gave him a side glare to get him to shut him up, earning a grunt. The red helmet antihero sighed softly, leaning his head back against the wall and peeling his attention away from the men that were laying out a plan out of ear reach.

Black Canary, Shazam, Batman and Red Tornado were all out, having been knocked out cold in the most appropriate way possible. The less official or younger team members were barely controlling their breathing, still in an intense battle with the poisonous gas that was still in their system.

Jason was the only one that was fully conscious but very wounded, he had his helmet with air filters to thank for that.

A very sensitive whirring sound was somehow picked up from his helmet, he tilted his head upwards, watching the camera.

His eyebrows knitted together as he saw the camera's lens move up, down and sideways until it zoomed in on him and out again.

So many ideas were rushing through his brain.

"(Y/N)?" he mouthed behind his helmet, more to himself than anything else. It must have been his imagination -- or the blood loss, how could she have come back to fast? How could she have known?

He shook his head, definitely the bloodloss.

Suddenly a loud alarm resonated, thumping loudly in everyone's <eardrums.

Everyone flinched, the ones who hadn't had restricted movement held their ears and were brought to their knees.

As quickly as it appeared, the whole system shut down and it was pure blackness, only the exit signs were lit up dimly.

This wasn't really my imagination huh? Jason thought, wincing as he applied more pressure on his wound.

"What's the meaning of this! Put the systems back on!" Slade roared, most likely shooting his arm in every direction. The sound of numerous footsteps echoed in the room as a result of his outburst.

****

Her paws were silent against the floor, watching from the shadows as disoriented men rushed through the dark corridors in search of the power room.

She kept herself hidden, making sure she could still get a peek without being noticed.

The girl hoped what she had set up wouldn't kill them, just paralyse them for enough time.

Five men stormed into the big room, immediately searching for the source of the problem. Pouncing swiftly, she closed the door and morphed into her human form, keeping it shut and flipping the light switch on.

(Y/N) gritted her teeth as she heard numerous groans and moans, then nothing.

Turning the light off, she peeled the door open and scanned around the bodies that were laying on the water soaked floor. Stepping inside, she cautiously reached over to pull the open cable off the floor and tuck it away back where it came from.

Quickly, she bounded their limbs and put tape on their mouths before shutting the door and locking it using the key. She never took the key out of the keyhole, however.

Her hands held the top of the door, and she swung her foot directly towards the end of the small piece of metal sticking out, breaking the key off. The part that was still in the keyhole was still inside, unable to be taken off as the other part few to the floor. The girl then slipped the broken key under the door and pulled the 'security' sign off and also slid it under the door.

Turning into a smaller feline, her feet raced into the hallway, using her night vision to see clearly. There were two men around the corner, from what she could hear. She stopped before they could even suspect there was someone there.

The girl meticulously took out every henchmen around the Mount in a quick twenty minutes.

Now, was the moment she dreaded the most. Back in her black jaguar form, she darted towards the common area.

Suddenly, the defining sound of static reached her ears and she roared painfully. Her whines turned into moans as she was forced to turn back into her human form.

"We got you know you little rat."

Comments, votes and feedback improve motivation, writing and publishing, so it is in your best interest to leave some! :)