Chapter 33: Dumbasses With Ice Creams [Final]

A/N: Omg you guys, this is the last chapter T-T Thank you for reading ans I hope you liked this series! Please share your favourite moments in this book

"I can't believe Wonder Woman asked you if you wanted to be mentored by her," Zatanna expressed wide-eyed.

"That's awesome!" Karen agreed, sipping her drink.

"I'm pretty excited as well! It's hard to believe." (Y/N)

"(Y/N), there are people for you, "Beast Bay informed rapidly before he scurried away to catch up with Jaime. Already a week had passed since the incident and everyone was already on their feet, some more than others.

"Thanks," she called out, excusing herself and pacing towards the main hall.

Who could that be?

"It's good to see you again, little one," the voice chuckled as she turned around the corner.

"(Y/N)!" the child's voice squealed excitedly.

"Oh my gosh, guys!!" She rushed to her pack, catching Grey as he jumped into her arms and hugged Kai tightly.

"It's good to see you, "Ayaka smiled when the girl embraced her afterwards.

"How have you been?" Keanu nuzzled her neck.

"Smart stunt you pulled off with to those humans" Kaleb snorted.

****

"Do you want to hang out?" Wally asked, leaning against the wall and watching her as she slid into her jacket and grasped her

handbag.

"Can't, I'm going to get ice cream with Dami."

"Dami wants ice cream?? He agreed ??" Tim's eyes widened as he entered her room to drop something off.

"Yes of course he's such a cutie!".

"I'm not cute! "The voice grumbled as the person in question entered the room.

"He's not, he's a demon spawn, "Jason came in as well.

"First off, to many people in my room, second, Damian is the most precious bean in the world." she engulfed him in a side hug and despite his scowl, he didn't push her away.

"Can come with you for ice cream?" He ginger speedster asked. Jason immediately seemed interested.

The girl opened her mouth.

"No." Dami answered for her.

"Dami baby, be nice," she patted his head affectionately, "yes, you can come

you want, she accepted, "it could be fun!"

"Sweet, "Jason went to his room to get a few things..

****

"Why did you invite them again?" Damian sighed as they both watched the chaos happening behind them.

Wally had accidentally tripped nanoseconds after obtaining his

ice cream right in Jason's cheek and Dick tried to catch the scoop of ice cean in his hand.

The speedster's hand was soaked in the sticky substance when the cone broke upon impact and Roy had given the last of

the tissues from the stands to him, only to have both his hands getting creamed and sticky. Hid hands were basically stuck with tissues as they are attempted to eat the remainder of their desserts.

"They are dumbasses, Damian stuck his spoon in his mouth to savour the snack.

"I know, but we love them, right?" she cringed softly knowing exactly what he was going to say.

"No we don't."

them, right? she sprished hat the decks..

"Say, (Y/N)" Jason spoke.

"Hmm?" she turned around,

"Can we ever visit your kingdom thing?"

"Mmh, maybe someday," she replied briefly. That might not happen for a while, she needs to be sure the creatures of Arvaysia were comfortable enough with humans to accept them there.

(Y/N) kept walking alongside Dick, who struggled to eat properly when still limping in his leg cast.

"Self someone doesn't want you near her," Wally teased.

"Well at least we shared a bed, did you share one when you went on your little escapade?" he questioned smugly. There was a moment of silence before the blood son sighed in disappointment.

"Every moment I spend with you fools, the more I realise how much intelligence you lack."

"...What they hell demon spawn?"

"While cuddle when they need affection, it has nothing to do with romance. It's a sign of reassurance, familial love, appreciation and protection." He clarified.

Roy and Jason's face fell, a wide grin on Wally's face as they processed hid words.

"Tt, I can't believe you guys really think she likes you-"

"How do you know about this?" the archer asked.

"Kaleb explained it to me, it's what it means there."

Jason threw the remainder of his ice cream exasperatedly to the concrete sidewalk.

"DAMMIT!" He yelled, "what does a kiss mean?"

"Leave me alone now idiot," Damian turned in his heel to join the others.

"-and making out?"

Jason kept asking questions all the way to the car, not getting the answers he demanded. Even though the girl had no idea what wass going on, she couldn't be more happier. She was as free as she wanted to be, she would have a superb mentor, being admired bask to her home town, all whilst surrounded by the friend and family she had only dreamed of. This adventure was dangerous, but she came out of it stronger, with a new perspective.

Because the greatest part of the journey isn't just arriving at the destination, is it?