chapter eight,

whOA WE HIT 1K ALREADY ? also, this is my last pre-written chapter. the next one is halfway done though, so ?? idk mans. 

tw // homophobic slurs

-

frank stormed into his bedroom, slamming the door shut and throwing his keys against the hard wood. he felt so alone. 

earlier in the night, he and the boys had gone out to a bar, and the rest of them had gotten pretty drunk. shaun left with his girlfriend, and eventually john left too, which left frank, neil and tim. frank was focusing on his sparkling water while he listened to them speak about the women in the bar. 

his nose was constantly shriveled in annoyance as they spoke about the girls as if they were objects, as if they were nothing, but when neil brought up the gay couple who were eating dinner together, frank almost lost it.

"fuckin' faggots," neil had slurred, "that's fuckin' disgusting. they both deserve to die." 

frank had left after that, without a word to neither neil or tim. 

and now he lay in silence on his bed, crying softly. he reached over to his desk and grabbed his laptop, his hands shaking slightly. the tape over the webcam peeled off with a satisfying noise, and he wiped it with the pad of his thumb. 

"h-hey, gee? you there?"

g: i'm here. are you crying? why?

"oh, uh- my best friend has turned out to be kind of a dick.." 

g: in what way? i can hire hitmen, i can get him busted for anything

"no! it's okay," frank flushed, wiping his running nose with the back of his hand. "it's just... well, i'm gay, okay? and we just went out to a bar, and he got really drunk and there was a gay couple and- he called them faggots!" 

g: what the fuck

"that's what i thought! and he's supposed to be my best friend, you know?" frank got under his covers after kicking off his shoes, pulling his laptop and phone up. "i've never, ever seen that side of him before and i'm honestly disgusted."

g: i don't know him, but so am i

"you're nice," frank said tiredly. 

g: you're lovely

frank blushed, smiling awkwardly. "will i ever be able to see your face?" he asked.

g: maybe

"only maybe?" he pouted to the camera, before erupting into giggles. 

g: i rly don't know

"aw, oh well. tell me about yourself, then?"

g: er
g: well i'm g, i'm twenty three, i have a brother, i love comics and superheros 
g: and yeah ig

"i love superheros! and a brother? is he cute?"

g: shut it

frank giggled, poking his tongue out at the computer. "you know, at first i was really creeped out by you, but i think we could get along." 

g: other people usually think i'm creepy

"other people? are you talking to others, gee?" frank gasped dramatically, gripping his heart, before laughing again.

g: of course not, you're the only one i want

"you're so sweet," frank grinned, and his eyes fluttered shut. "'m gonna go to bed now, though. night, gee."

he lazily shut the laptop and slid it onto the floor before hearing his phone ding for the last time that night.

g: goodnight baby

needless to say, frank was hooked. g was someone frank could talk to about everything, and not have to worry about it. his problems with neil, his dating problems, song tips and ideas, anything- he could just turn to g.

after a while, though, he wanted more. he wanted to see g's face or hear his voice- fuck, at this point frank wasn't sure about g's gender at all. and g? what was their name?

frank sighed, playing an f minor on his guitar and glancing slightly to the laptop. g hadn't messaged him in a few days, yet frank continued to talk to his laptop. he liked the things g had to say, he liked g's ideas and when he triple-texted frank about x-men.

he'd asked g about seeing him again after a week, but the response this time, had been no. frank didn't know what he was doing wrong.