chapter seventeen,

happy st paddy's from an irish boy !! hope you had a great day !!!!!

this is fluffy because i'm a hopeless romantic.
(someone, please let this sad guy buy you flowers and send you surprise gifts and take you on roadtrips and spoil you and oh my gosh i'm so sad right now what the fuck)

anyways, happy march 22 everyone. 

-

"i think i need to leave," gerard murmured, looking intensely at his phone. frank felt his stomach drop.

"what? why? i thought you were staying forever?" he asked, and gerard chuckled, shrugging.

"maybe i could- er- stay forever in a few weeks?" he asked shyly, and frank glared at him. "i'm sorry, i-"

"why do you need to leave?" he asked, suddenly very angry.

"well, i- er- i think the government's looking for me? because you know how i quit my job? apparently i wasn't supposed to do that and now they're worried that i'm gonna like, put my skills on the black market or whatever. it's no big deal, they've done this before. i'll- er- be back before you know it," gerard reassured him, and frank sighed.

"you've done this before? everything will be okay?" 

"everything will be fine, sugar," gerard repeated him, pressing a kiss to his temple. frank crawled onto his lap, the movie they were watching long forgotten. 

"what happens during these meetings, or whatever you're gonna do?" he asked, resting his head on gerard's shoulder. 

"well, i gotta go to this big like, office building. and then i go up the elevator but i'm usually- er- escorted, i guess? and then i go up and meet with whatever big boss guy's gonna meet up with me, and we talk about stuff like whether i'm gonna blow the us up or whatever. it's not that- er- interesting? but i'll come back straight away, i promise," gerard nodded, and frank shot up.

"what if i came with you?" he asked, and gerard smiled awkwardly.

"you'd really want  to come? i'd be gone for a while, you'd be alone in my apartment," gerard said, and frank nodded eagerly.

"i'd love to come! you know, i've only been to new york like, once," he grinned, and gerard gasped.

"seriously? maybe i could- er- give you a tour," he wiggled his eyebrows, and frank giggled, pressing their lips together. 

gerard kissed him back softly, pressing kisses across his cheek and down his neck, fluttering kisses over his neck. frank laughed, pulling gerard's head up to connect their lips again. 

"i'm definitely coming, this is so exciting! i gotta go pack, oh my gosh," frank stood up off of gerard's lap and raced to his bedroom. gerard smiled at him through the doorway, but frank's back was turned so he didn't see it. gerard didn't mind. 

a few hours later, they were on the train to new york, and frank couldn't stop moving. it was like he was having a sugar rush, but he'd barely eaten anything all day. gerard, being the concerned, anxiety ridden-mess that he was, kept trying to pin frank back into his seat but it was no use- the little man would just slip out from underneath his arm.

and that's how he was seated on gerard's lap- gerard could hold him still with both arms, he couldn't slip away, and he was significantly warmer. win-win-win, for gerard. and frank was more compliant in his new seat, though he did wiggle around a bit to try to piss gerard off. at least the train ride didn't take that long, and eventually they were at a station, and frank was buzzing around again.