chapter twenty-seven

yo waddup it's me greasy-hair, i'm sorry for not updating in a while. life's been super crazy. if you've read my spam/rant book, then you'll know what i've been doing, but long story short i'm kinda out of the bandom and probably won't write any more bandom fan fiction in a while. there's a lot of reasons and no, it's not any of you, but i'm just done with this phase of my life. i'm going to complete this book and then that will be that- though, updates will probably be drawn out as i literally have no passion for this story or this ship at all. i haven't for a while.

thank you all for 20+ thousand reads, it means a heckin lot to me! enjoy the chapter, lovelies xo

-

frank traced his fingers lightly over the curve of gerard's cheek, watching his eyelashes flutter softly in his sleep.

he leaned on his elbow, his face resting in his hand as he watched his boyfriend, feeling weirdly like this setting was ironic as gerard was usually the one watching him. he shook the feeling off.

gerard gasped awake, shooting upwards and gripping his chest.

"sh, love," frank hushed, pulling him back down. gerard's eyes drooped. "it's okay. back to sleep."

that was how life at night had been for the past few weeks, watching his boyfriend throughout the night just in case gerard went crazy. it was happening less frequently now that he was finally going to a therapy group, but only after frank had begged him, and then jamia had said that she went to one as well.

frank sighed, his head dropping back down onto his own pillow as he attempted to fall asleep, too, but to no avail. another sleepless night for frank, then.

the next morning he could smell waffles cooking and he smiled- he'd actually managed to doze off around four- gerard hadn't made breakfast in a while. maybe this was a recovery sign.

he padded through the apartment to the kitchen, smiling at gerard's form pouring batter into the waffle iron.

"good morning," he yawned, pressing a kiss to the side of gerard's head as he reached for a star-wars mug. gerard smiled in return, bumping his nose against frank's.

they ate in silence. sunday's were therapy days, and gerard usually got quiet on therapy days. frank murmured a thanks, taking both of their empty plates to the kitchen.

"you don't need to baby me, sugar," gerard said softly, before sipping his coffee.

"i'm not! i just- i like doing things," frank shrugged, and they returned to silence. gerard got up from the island and left towards to bedroom, probably to get changed for his meeting.

frank sighed, slumping against his palm. he scrolled through his twitter feed on his phone for a few minutes, but quickly became bored and ended up trailing gerard into their bedroom.

gerard was pulling a led zeppelin shirt over his head, and frank watched, a smile spreading across his face.

"you ready?" he asked, watching gerard pull on his vans and grab his keys.

"yeah, i guess," gerard shrugged, but smiled when frank kissed his temple.

"i know it's hard, but going is good."

"i know," he replied simply, before pressing a kiss to frank's lips softly, tugging him in by the waist. frank grinned, kissing him back, before breaking away and smiling at him.

"we gotta go," he told gerard, before turning around. gerard rolled his eyes.

"frankie, i'm not a kid," gerard sighed, and frank rolled his eyes. "you don't need to treat me like i'm- like i'm fragile."

"but you are fragile, love," frank turned to look at his boyfriend while he tugged on his coat.

"no i'm- you know what, i'm not going. i'm not fragile," gerard glared, crossing his arms.

"gee-"

"i'm only going 'cause you want me too, and because jamia thinks it's a good idea. not because i want to. have you considered that? i'm going back to bed."

"gerard, please. you've gotta-"

"i don't gotta do anything, frank. just- let me recover how i want. you're supposed to be my boyfriend, not my father," gerard rolled his eyes in return to frank and kicked off his shoes, walking away.