chapter fourteen,

this chapter references murders?? but also frank doing domestic things around the house but also frank hooking up with someone and THEN frank falls asleep next ot someone- what a chapter

side note i keep forgetting whether frank lives in an apartment complex or in an actual house so from now on it's just an apartment complex, like inside of a building. okay thanks!! also can i say that gerard is freakishly tall in this fic? like not freakishly but he and mikey are closer in height so he's like 5'11-6'0, and frank is like 5'3

if this chapter seems boring, just wait until the end. 
i think you guys are gonna like it.

-

frank still hadn't removed the tape; yet he still hadn't stopped stalking gerard either. 

how the tables have turned- it went from gerard being the creepy one to frank. maybe gerard was just rubbing off on him. he wished gerard would rub off on him. he also wished gerard would just talk to him, text him once telling him that he's okay. 

he needed more friends. he needed any friends, actually, but he wasn't about to go back to neil and claim he was "over his gay phase." his gay was not a phase. his gay was a permanent thing- and currently it was screwing him over, by making him overtly attracted to gerard. 

"i think i'm starting to hate you," frank said softly to his computer. "i'm sorry- no i don't. i miss you, for fucks sake. i don't even know if you're still there. please, still be there." 

he fell asleep soon after, snoring softly. he didn't notice the tape fall off of the camera. 

when he woke up, he made breakfast and sat on the couch, flicking through the channels on his tv until he reached a channel that was playing steven universe. he smiled contently, settling back on the couch and resting his cereal on his crossed legs. 

the mail man came, and frank collected his bills and  the newspaper, which he read fleetingly. he'd never found anything as boring as the news, but at least it was something to kill time. apparently, someone had been stabbed and killed with a machete. 

someone else had been shot four times and killed. 

someone else had had all of their limbs cut off, and said limbs were put into a dumpster. 

why are there so many murders? sometimes, frank really was scared of living in new jersey. being a little twink with faggot scratched into the side of his car really wasn't helping his case, right now. 

to; g: hey, everything okay? 

just in case, you know, he replied. which he wouldn't, and didn't. 

when frank finished the newspaper, he balled it up and threw into into the trash. he could see himself in the reflection of the range-hood above the oven, and noticed his hair was getting long- shaggy, even. 

he hummed, walking to the bathroom and pulling out a pair of scissors, a comb, and an electric shaver. he cut his hair like he'd done a million times before- buzzed short at the sides, a trim on the top. 

he was bored again. bored and thinking about how hot gerard was again. he left the house again.

"hi, you're hot and i'm hot, do you wanna fuck?" frank asked, leaning against a bar in a gay club on the outskirts of new jersey. the guy grinned, and nodded at him, downing his shot. 

"your place or mine, baby?" 

"yours, let's go," frank mumbled, dragging the guy outside and hailing down a taxi. 

"jeez- alright, what's your name?" he asked, allowing himself to be pushed into the car by the tiny man. 

"uh- josh," frank replied without thinking, and the guy nodded, pulling frank in and connecting their lips. the guys sighed softly into frank's mouth, and frank tried not to roll his eyes. "c'mon man, don't be gentle." 

when frank returned to his street it was almost one in the morning. he'd walked across town by himself, alone and shivering because he'd forgotten his fucking jacket for the first time in forever. he wasn't even sore anywhere- the guy had a tiny dick and wasn't rough with him at all. frank was not pleased. 

at least he didn't mind when he moaned gerard's name. 

fumbling with his keycard, he slid it through the lock and entered the building. smiling at a few neighbors he knew, he was surprised when one woman pulled him to the side. they never usually interacted with him.

"frank iero! how's it going?"

"um, good?" he replied, looking up at her.

"listen, who's the cutie that asked for your apartment number at the desk? he your brother? can i get his number-"

"who? what'd he look like?" frank asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"uh- taller than me. cute smile. pretty eyes. blond hair. none of us knew how he got in without a key card at this hour, he must've hacked it-"

"gerard!" frank gasped, turning on his heel and sprinting as fast as he could to the elevator, only to have the doors shut on him. "no, no!" he began to run up the stairs as fast as his little legs could carry him. skidding around the corner to the hallway which his door was on, he looked over to where the door was. 

in front of it was a man sitting cross legged, wearing black skinny jeans and a large smashing pumpkins hoodie. he was reading a comic book carefully, occasionally pushing his blond locks out of his face, or adjusting the backpack that sat next to him. 

"gerard," frank breathed, loud enough for the man to hear, and his head snapped up.

"shit-" he scrambled to stand up, shoving the colored pages into his backpack, before smoothing out his hoodie and looking up at frank, his head still facing the floor. "i- i didn't know when you'd be home, and i thought it would'a been impolite to hack into your house, so i was really glad that i'd remembered to bring doom patrol- have i told you about that one yet?"

"gerard arthur motherfucking way," frank hissed, and gerard picked up his bag by one strap, and took a step backwards.

"i'm sorry- i can leave-"

"three fucking weeks, and no call? no text? just two thousand dollars and now you're here-" frank paused to breathe, "why are you here?" 

"i don't know." 

"how do you not know?" 

"i just- i just don't. if you're so mad then i can- i can go," he clenched his jaw, keeping his eyes downcast as he slung his backpack over his shoulders and walked past frank. 

the smell of his deodorant his frank's nostrils, and frank grabbed him by the wrist. "three fucking weeks. and now you're just going to leave me again?"

gerard turned, slipping his arm around frank's waist, pulling him in for a hug. the smaller boy wrapped his arms tightly around gerard's neck, going on his tip-toes to rest his head in the crook of gerard's neck. gerard slid his hand down and pulled the key card out of frank's back pocket, being careful to not touch frank's butt, before placing both hands under his thighs and lifting him easily. 

he took frank inside, managing to slip off his backpack and shoes at the door without putting frank down. it was weird, seeing this house that he'd only seen through a screen before. he liked it better in person. he carried frank into his bedroom, lying him down on the bed and taking off his shoes and socks. 

"goodnight, frankie. i love you." he didn't know that frank wasn't asleep. 

gerard cuddled into the couch, wrapping his arms around himself to keep warm. after an hour or so, frank slid out of bed and padded to where gerard was, watching him for a moment. he touched gerard's cheek softly, brushing the smooth skin with his finger tips.

then, he slid onto the couch next to him, pulling gerard's heavy arms around his waist. gerard pulled him closer.