chapter 10

Chain smoker
Something just like this.

"It is settled then."

The lawyer said distractingly arranging his paper into his file.

"We just have the final paper to sign."

I could see the look on Silvia's face, I wanted to smirk at the face she had on but stopped my self.

Elise stood up from the chair he had been sitting.

"I would say it is a pleasure doing business with you but obviously the pleasure started long before the business."

I could hear the sarcasm in his voice but played deaf to it.

All the while she sat without saying a word, it felt like I did hurt her from my first display but it's not my fault,she was the one who had toyed with my feelings, left me to die and worst of all found out that she was  married with an eight years old  son.
Who the fuck does that?
Silvia Ivory North.

"Mrs.Elise would you please sign here?"

Without saying a word, she took a pen and signed.

***

"Mama does that mean I don't get to see papa again?"

"Oh no ma babe you would,me and daddy will no longer leave together but of course you can go see him when you want to."

After two weeks of  all the paper work and signing for divorce, yesterday the divorce papers were brought and finalized.

It was easy though because at first he already wanted the divorce since he is a major share holder in my company he finally have something attached to his ratchet name.

"We can stay here at Versailles,you can make new friends you can still go to your school."

"What about daddy why does he have to go?"

"Daddy is moving back to the main branch in Paris,he only came to Versailles to support me and he has to go because he knows its the right thing to do for me and you."

I kissed him on his forehead and drew him closer as I smoothen his hair and we drifted to sleep together.

"Geraldine are you ready for school?"

"Yes mama."

"You look cute this morning."

I said pinching his check.

"Is there a young lady your not telling me about?"

He blushed and hugged my waist.

"Mom ain't I too young?"

"I have a meeting with the board members by eight I will come pick you up by two alright?"

"Yes mama and get me some snack and yoghurt when coming I don't like the cafeteria food that much makes me sick sometimes."

"Sure babe."

AT THE OFFICE.

"Morning"

I said starting the meeting.

"We're here to discuss on the site for our runway display, the two places that have been nominated for are Paris here in France and Miami in Florida,we have to think of the prons and cons before concluding. The details have been included in the file seated in front of you,I will give you 10 minutes to decide."

Just then,The double glass door came open and Daniel walked in,striding all gloriously and taking his seat without interrupting.
He didn't even nod a greeting at me,what arrogance!