Chapter 26

Too much
Zayn ft timberland.

We stood in that same position staring into each others' eyes

The phone began to ring.

"Are you going to pick that?"

"I know of people who when the phone rings they lose their voice. I really want to hear what you have to say. Promise me you wouldn't be one of them."

I nodded at that and watch as he rounded his table to answer the phone.

"Jane."

"Sir, it's already three should I send someone to represent you at the board meeting."

"What board meeting?"

" 'House Ivory' brought a letter two weeks ago for a board meeting but was rescheduled for today."

"When is the meeting?"

He was more like asking me rather than his secretary.

"In an hour time."

"Thank you, Jane."

"What is this meeting about?"

"Business."

He walks up to me again holding my hands and kissing my knuckles.

"What was it you wanted to say to me Habiba?"

"I don't presume you want me to rush my words in thirty minutes."

"What are you suggesting, you promised you would talk to me after the phone call."

"I didn't say immediately did I?"

"True."

I walked to the sofa and put on my shoe.

"Are you coming with me or you want to go alone?"

"There's no need been in this room for hours just to take a separate ride to IVORY."

"Good point, let's get going then."

The ride was a bit silent, a comfortable one at that but I was scared of how he will react to the information I have received, truth be told I was scared.
We came out of the car and went into the building, it was weird for me to be walking beside a man besides my husband, my EX husband.
People were staring at us, he didn't feel moved by their eyes, he made it worse by placing his hand at the small of my back as we entered the elevator.

"You didn't have to do that."

"Do what?"

"Touch me in public."

"How about in Private?"

He slowly placed his hand behind my legs and drew it into my skirt,I closed my eye as he brought his lips to mine.

"Danny someone can walk in on us."

"Its a possibility that cannot happen, this is a private lift.
Your dad loved to be alone, he loved privacy.
Your dad made a private passage for him and his family, I've read a little about your father."

"Yes he did, I never knew you take a history class."

He continued the kiss and pressed my back against the cold steel wall.
I responded, I always did and always will.
The elevator stopped and he reluctantly let go of my lips.

"I think you should put your business face back on you look like you've just been freshly fucked."

My cheek burned I smoothen my hair as the doors opened.