chapter 12

Drew Barrymore
Allesia cara

He wrapped a towel around me,took the high backed  chair from the reading desk and sat on it waiting for me to begin. I sat on the bed,as I closed my eyes,everything came like flashes of light to me. I took a deep breath and I began;

"I am the only child of my parent which made me the heir to everything they ever owned.
I didn't really like the idea because I wanted to be a psychologist. I and daddy were really close,we went on walks most evening.
Mom died when I was 10,she slept and just didn't wake up the next morning.

I was 13 when I met Elise,my dad and i were coming back home from a road work on a cool Thursday evening and we met Elise,My dad and his were business partners so dad insisted that he had dinner with us.
He was charming,I just happen to like him instantly.
We became friends and got really close with him,he was the only friend I got then.
Two years later my dad died from cancer,I was devastated but I had to carry over the business.
It wasn't easy,I had to go for a two years training in England.
And that was when Geraldine happened, after my lecture on  my final year of studying that was on the fourteenth of April 2011,i found him rapped in swaddling cloth in a hand woven basket,he was so cute,but he was alone no one was with him,I carried home fed him and afterwards took him to the security station.
48 hours later nobody took claim of the child,it was only legal that I adopt the child but I was not of age I was just 17.
I visited the station and begged if I could keep the baby until when a Forster home could be found for the baby to grow in.
Late that day,a young girl at about 14-15 years  appeared at my door step,she said she saw me taking the baby two days ago and it was hers'
I was relived that the owner of the baby was here but I was upset at the same time,she was going to take her babe away.

She sat by my small fire place and I offered her hot soup which she accepted hungrily.

I waited for her to finish her soup then asked the question I have long been wanting to.

"Why did you abandon your baby"

"I got this baby out of wedlock and my parent would kill me if they find out"

She had replied.

"I know you most be mad at me for doing such an unthinkable thing but I don't even have a means to take care of the baby."
She had continued in tears.

I asked her if the father of the baby knows about her decision and I was shock when she told me that she doesn't even know the father of the baby because she was raped.

After more talk With her she begged that I should go take care of the baby and she would confess to the authority about her deeds and would agree for me to take full custody of the baby making it my own.

While I was away,someone else was in charge of the company but things weren't moving  well.
The company was at the verge of bankruptcy.

After I completed my two years course, I came back to Paris to find the company soaked in dept.
I was young and inexperienced, who would invest in a company with an amateur running it?

It was a rhetorical question I wasn't expecting any answer from Danny.

It was either I got married to someone with more experience or sellout the company and I wasn't ready for the latter after all the two years of study but neither was I ready to get married.

At each board meeting my voice wasn't even heard.
I grew frustrated every passing day.
I thought of my parent, would they even be happy when they see what's going on right now?

Two month after I came back from England I called Elise.
He was the only male friend I knew. I didn't  just go all tears eyed telling  him my problems I just asked about his family and how he was doing.