Chapter 34

"thank you for coming mum."

"I am always here for you when you need me."

My phone rang and I took it out of my pocket.

"Sam."

"the boy has being found."

"I am on my way."

"mom, I have to go meet Geraldine, can you please stay with her?"

"of course, go on."

I hurried into the and we drove off with sam on the wheel, we got to the location and found them in an abandon building.

"how did this happen?"

"it looked like she hired professionals to do the work for her, all the men were killed straight to head, same spot, twice. She never did the dirty work. from the tracks we discovered, she most have awaited for them to deliver the boy."

I entered the building and saw Geraldine standing at the Conner of the room, I went to him and bent to his height. He was frighten by all the things going on.

"hey, how are you?"

He didn't say a word to me he just looked blankly at me

"wanna go home? Away from all the noise."

He nooded and I lead him by the hand into the waiting car. I stayed by the door and asked about the scene.

"please cooperate with the local police and inform me on any update."

TWO WEEKS LATER.

"Thank you doctor for the care, I owe you one."

"I am just doing my job."

I took her by the waist and helped her out of bed, she sat on the wheel chair and I assisted her out of the hospital. Sam was waiting outside; she was pleased to see him as she gave a warm smile. She hasn't spoken much; the doctor insisted that she should be cut off from work and the outside world. She had only spoken to Geraldine the day she opened her eyes and since then he never visit for fear of triggers from emotions. I got her into the car and sat beside her.

"How are you feeling Habiba."

She took my hand and squeeze lightly with a smile.

"I will be better if I get a hot bath."

"you will."

We got my place and Geraldine came to welcome us, he was ecstatic to see his mum, she kissed his cheeks and exchange little charts.

I took her upstairs and showed her her room.

"Your place haven't changed much since the last time I was here."

"Well there is nothing to change really, get yourself cleaned up we will be downstairs when you need anything."

"thank you Danny, can't thank you enough."

I smiled and left her be. I met Geraldine downstairs in the kitchen trying to get something from the fridge.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah am fine, am glad she is home I have missed her so much."

"I do also."

He smiled and left the kitchen probably to his mum.

Late into the night, a knock emanated from my bedroom door, I open the door to see Habiba standing by the door. I opened the door further and let her in.

"hey...are you okay"

"couldn't sleep much."

"she climbed into bed and cuddled up. I climbed in and held her close to me, her back to me.

"don't worry yourself am here to keep you company for as long as you can."

"what happened to kate?"

"well she didn't make it, she died not long when we got to the hospital."

"I killed her."

"you did what you had to do."

"I didn't mean to, I swear I didn't mean to."

"everyone knows it was out of self defense, everyone was questioned and the story they all told were the same. The police will be coming to ask you some question in the morning."

"what should I tell them."

"the truth."

We chatted about things she had missed when she was away and she slowly drifted away to sleep.