Chapter 33

"Please get the plan ready I will be leaving for Singapore in 20minutes time."

"Sir you have a call from your Fiancée, her PA is on the line and he says its urgent."

"Hello Eldorado, is everything okay with Habiba?"

"sir I don't think it is, I think you should come over, a gunshot was heard in her office. I have made a call to the police station I thought I should call you..."

"it was thoughtful of you to do so, I am on my way."

"Cancel my trip to Singapore and clear my schedule for the day."

"But sir..."

I past my secretary and headed out, I brought up my phone to make a call.

"Sam, I am meeting you at the front of the building, we drive to Ivory house as soon as I get down, put a call to her security and let me get an update."

I dialed her number but it went to voice mail, I hurried to the outside of the office and met Sam waiting, he opened the car and I went in.

"Any update on her security?"

"I got off the phone with her head of security, Geraldine is missing."

"Christ! How did they get to him?"

"According to them it was a single attack by a woman, they ran a profile on her..."

"What did they get on her?"

"Sir, her name is Kate Joe."

Fuck! How can she let herself be so stupid to that extend?

"what do they have on the Gerald?"

"his driver was found dead, and the car used for the transport was abandoned by the road side so they must have finish up by foot. The are currently searching the area."

We got to the building and the police were already there, after identifying myself I was allowed through the security.

Kate's body was been carried in a stretcher with an oxygen mask on her nose. I scurried to stay beside the body lying down it was Habiba, she was barely breathing, her eyes were close and there was blood all over her face, fear took over her as I called out for one of the paramedics. They carefully put her on the stretcher careful not to turn her over.

"Get her to the Ambulance!"

I followed her to the hospital, her eyes were still close and the, the nurses wouldn't let me in without, I feared for her and the baby.

I sat for sometimes, out in the waiting room. I look at the people around the hospital, it was filled with the faces of people with different feelings, a woman happy to see her husband come out of surgery alive and another who busted into tears from a news the doctor just gave to her and here I am waiting in suspense not knowing the fate of my wife and baby.

Sam came in and sat beside me, he tapped my shoulder in condolence and didn't say anything more.

A nurse lady came to me and I quickly stood up to listen to watch she had to say.

"are you Mr. MacLeish."

"yes I am."

"well the bad news is that, she is suffering from shock and she suffers from concoction and she might have to stay longer?"

"and the good news?"

"Your baby is in good health and your fiancée will be back with you in no time, you've got a fighter."

"I ran my fingers through my hair as relieve wash over me at the News.

"thank you nurse, when will I be able to see her?"

"you can go in if you want but she is currently sedated so she will not be aware of your presence for now."

I went into the room and sat beside her bed, she looked pale and almost lifeless. I kissed her forehead and allowed my lips to linger abit longer.

"I am so sorry Habiba, i truly am."

"I came immediately I got a call from Sam."

I turned to see my mum standing by the door I stood up and went into her waiting arms, I needed the warmth she give.