chapter 24

SIA

TITANIUM.

I waited as the clock ticked and tucked,it is half past seven and Silvia and Gerald are not here. I had called her earlier before seven and she had said she was dressing and would be on her way immediately Sam is there to pick her up.
I dialled Sam and listened as it rang.

"Hello Sam."

"Sir"

"What is going on and why are you taking long to be here is everything fine."

"Ms. Silvia had...ah...she is currently..."

"Sam tell me carefully, what is wrong?"

"She fainted fifteen minutes ago."

"Fainted?
Where are you at right now and why in this bloody hell didn't you think of calling me?"

"Immediately I  noticed she fainted I had to rush her to the hospital,She is fine now."

"Noticed?
What do you mean notice?"

I stood up and headed out,

"She was talking and then she stopped,mr. Geraldine kept talking but she didn't respond to the conversation. I looked through the rear mirror and saw her eyes closed and her skin pale."

I flagged down a cab and motion him to move.

"What Is the name of the hospital?"

***

I pushed the door to her room,I saw Gerald sitting on the bed and Sam standing by the bed.
I nodded at Sam as he leaves the room.
I went to the side of the bed and ruffled Gerald's hair.

"How you young man."

"Am fine."

The room was quite,very quite I could hear her breathing,she looked more beautiful than she used to,her skin glowed.
She was changing.

"Is she going to be alright?"

"Of course,your mummy is a strong woman,it will take more than a fever to take her down."

He smiled and adjusted on the bed a sign for me to sit.
I took her hand,it was hot and somewhat cold.
I know am supposed to be scared but oddly enough I wasn't, I knew what this is and I know she will pass through this, she is a strong woman.
The door opened,I assumed it to be the doctor or maybe the nurses so i didn't  bother diverting my attention.

"Geraldine"

I hear a masculine voice called,a familiar voice.

"Daddy."

I watch as Gerald went to him.

"What are you doing here?"

I asked him standing as I do so.

"I should be the one asking you that...."

He said stepping closer

"... I am her husband and.."

" WAS that's the proper word."

He bowed his head and put his hands into his pocket shifting his weight on his legs.

"You cannot be here after all you've done to her,you shouldn't be here. She wouldn't want you here."

"How would you know that?"

"Even if am not sure of anything, am sure of the fact that she detest you as much as I do,maybe I detest you more."

His pupils dilated in fear.
Yes I wish I could pound his perfect jaws right now.

"She doesn't carry your name any more so you should leave!"

"Does she carry yours?
Even if she doesn't carry my name,he does."

I turned and looked at Gerald who has been listening to our teeth clenched conversation.

"We both know the truth about that. Leave while you still can."

I could tell he was hurt, like he regretted his actions.
They never do,that is what they want you to think.

"Thanks for calling me Son,tell ma chère I was here."

He came forward and kissed his forehead before leaving.

The doctor came in,did some checkup,adjusted the the drip flow.
He smiled and adjusted his coat.

"Your wife is in good health, she's resting she will be awake any moment from now and if you so wish you can be dispatched."

"His not my father and his not her husband."

He spoke slowly and inaudible almost like he wasn't the one that said it.
I was hurt by that but it was the plane truth.

"Yes Dr. I am not you mixed it all up."

"Forgive me Mr...."

"Mr. MacLeish"

I said reaching for a handshake, I saw his uneasy expression as o said my name.
A popular name that almost everyone knows, but hardly do they know the face.

"It's a pleasure to meet you in person,forgive me again I just assumed you were.... Her husband seeing her current condition."

"Its okay sir."

I watch as he exited the room I turned toward the bed. He sat on the bed so I made for the chair next to it.

"Are you angry at me,or is there something you want to say to me?"

"I called my dad and you sent him away,he is the one she needs right now not you...

I could hear the shaking of his voice,he surely is angry at me but he never raised his voice at me.

"...you cannot come and decide for us what you think is right and what's not. You are not my dad."

"Am sorry I gave you bad impressions but you know I love you both and will never harm you,I love you both and nothing in this world can change that."

"That's your problem not ours. We were fine before you came,mom left because of you I know that,am not dumb. I thought you would change and make us happy,guess I was wrong."

I scouted closer to him,I am not good at all this but I thought we were moving fine,too bad he had me in his mind all this while.
A slow speaker with a heavy heart, you never can tell what they are thinking.

"Am sorry about that,am going to make everything okay, I premise."

"Let's not make any promises for now."

That was final, I knew it.
This is a little boy of 8 or maybe 9 who speaks more like a child of 16.
I sat back and watched her face.
Her brows were drawn together, she is waking.

"Babe..."

I watch as she placed her hand on his cheeks,his foul mood evaporated almost immediately.

"Mama,how you feeling?"

"Much better Dine."

I stood close to the bed now.

"Danny..."

"Habiba"

I placed a decent kiss on her forehead like every man would.

"My head ache from all the noise you all have been making. Take me home."

***

Thank you all for the reads and comments I appreciation you guys for staying true to this book although I will be putting it on hold because of my VERY tight schedule at work.
Feel free to DM me if you want to talk about the book or other stuff,or better still drop you comments....am not a snub😄.

Xoxo
Anastesiacaxton💖