Chapter 23

Cross your mind.
Sabrina Claudio.

I never expected her reactions.
Yes she was an unpredictable woman,one Minute she's sweet the other she's a time bomb.

God I love her so much!

I dialed her number, she didn't pick her phone up.
She must be fast asleep.
It happens,I dialed another number and waited.

"Mom"

"Oh dear,how are you,are you okay?
Its been awhile since we last spoke."

"Mom am fine,am sorry I should have called sooner."

"Yes you should have,how is Habiba, I hope you both have settled you differences?

I could I imagine my mom on the balcony of her house making a stern face,I chuckled at that thought

" Mom Silvia is fine,and very healthy,and yes we've settled our differences. "

"How is her son?"

"Gerald is fine."

"You know you could bring him over for Christmas."

"I don't know how Habiba will take it,she has gone through a lot I beg that we let it be for another day."

"Poor girl."

"Bye mom,I will call you as soon as I can,I already have an aquarium and a paint transported to you,I bet you would love it."

"My boy, you know I love you right."

Everything is falling back to place,her words smoothen the rough edges of my heart.

"Iove you too mom,bye."

"Be safe Daniel."

I laid on my bed,it was too early for me to sleep I had work to do but I just needed to lay without doing anything.

My phone vibrated and I retrieved it from the small table beside my bed.
It was a message.

Kate: Am outside it's cold over here.
Please let me in i had a minor road accident close by,my head is bleeding and this is the only place I can think of coming.

How will I tell her that I don't need more trouble?
I buzzed her in and stroll to meet her at the door.

"Kate"

"Am really sorry to disturb you but my car broke down after I missed my way and collided with the street light."

I let her in,closing the door behind us.

"You could have taken a cab back to your hotel."

"I could have only that I couldn't."

"There is a room by the left,get yourself cleaned up,are you hungry?"

"Yes"

"I will order something for you. Am off to bed,I have an early start tomorrow.
There is a first Aid kit in one of the bed drawers."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight Kate."

I went upstair before she could start up any drama.
How will i be able to tell her our contract is over?

I lay quietly on the bed thinking,I was indeed happy I really am.
I look beside my bed and saw my sleeping pills.
I won't take it tonight, the way am feeling is enough to make me sleep soundly.
I slowly began to drift and when I finally allowed my self into the comfort of my sub conscience I hear the door open I sat up and saw a figure by the door.