chapter 15

No tears left to cry.
Ariana Grande

It was not believable that a woman healthy and endowed could still be a virgin.
A woman married for more than five years still a virgin, how is that even possible?

I sat by the bed and watched her as she sleeps, too many taught in my mind, shame, guilt and surprise.

I have never come across a virgin talk more about having sex with one.
It was a first for me and it's driving me crazy!

How am I even supposed to face her afterwards?

Quietly I stepped out of bed, making sure not to wake her up.
I hastily put on my clothes, am I to leave her a note?

No, she would think I am a coward.

Should I send a driver to come pick her up?  

No! She would see me as a bigger coward even.

Then what on earth am I going to do?

"LEAVE"

****

SILVIA'S POV

Slowly as the sun shone into the room the blanket of sleep that enveloped me began to fade.

I opened my eyes adjusting to the light of the room.

I laid still as memories of last night came back to me just like a recap from a movie scene.

I felt whole, like the gaps in my body have been filled.
I felt more like a woman today, for 25years I have felt like just a girl.

I turned slowly to my right, it was vacant, no handsome, irresistible Danny.

No dreamy eyes waiting to see me wake,

No sweet lips waiting to kiss me good morning,

Men will always be men, I chuckled internally.

Maybe he is in the bathroom or in his living room or the kitchen or...

Too many things on my mind but I don't want to believe in what my mind was saying.
Am an enthusiast, I always think positive.

After a thorough tour around the house, I still wasn't able to find Danny, he was nowhere in sight.

Where on earth could he have gone?

Was he just after my body?
Was having sex all he ever wanted?
Was this what he had planned since from the start?
I am such a fool to believe someone like Danny could love me!

I was slowly losing it when I saw that his car was not in the parking lot.

He was not in bed,
Was not in the bathroom,
He was nowhere to be found inside the house,
My calls were sent to voicemail,
His car is not in the house.

And slowly realisation dawn on me as every part of my body began to shake,

He has gotten what he wanted and he left me,

I was just another girl he used,
The difference between mine and other's was that he took his time.

***

I have been staring at my phone for almost half an hour since I got home.
I was waiting for a call from him, why hasn't he called me?

If he doesn't call me then I won't even dream of calling him too.

Geraldine's plane is due for an hour and I am a total mess already.

I have sent the maids off thinking I was going to enjoy the weekend and finally come back home to prepare something for Dine to come and eat.
It looks like all plans have been ruled out because am ordering lunch and I know he has been complaining about eating out lately but Geraldine has to just deal with his freshly fucked up mum.

I laid on the bed looking at the concrete decking of my room, I have never noticed it but it was properly decorated, a sprouting flower-like design, a rose bedding at the middle of the flower.
I would never have given a little as this attention to my ceiling even on a bad day but what am feeling right now is emptiness.
I can't say I feel pain, it is far more than that to an extent am numb to it.
I have been emotionally paralyzed. For 25 years I have kept myself for the right one, at least I thought Daniel was the right one before I foolishly let my self be deflowered by Danny.

I do not regret even a single second that passed away last night, I wanted it but then I never expected it to end like this.

Daniel is a coward, he couldn't face me, he couldn't tell me to my face the real reason he followed me this far!
I thought we had something going, I told him secrets I never trusted anyone with.

"Mum is everything alright? "

I have laid down the whole time thinking about myself that I had lost track of time.
I sat up from the bed and signalled him to come closer.

"Am fine baby, how was your flight?"

"It was fine until I had to wait for over five minutes for the driver"

"Am so sorry babe I had to send the driver to go pick you up, mama's feeling a bit sick today"

"Have you gone for your monthly checkup yet? "

I smiled at the concern in his voice.

"Baby, how was your stay in Paris?
I bet you enjoyed yourself seeing that you only called me once."

"Paris is a dream come true mama, we visited a lot of places, but it wasn't fun without you"

His words warmed my heart and I pinched his cheeks

"And speaking of calls."

He continued with a puckered brow.

"I called the house but all my calls were sent to voicemail, which means you didn't sleep at home last night."

It was not a question and I couldn't start explaining to an eight-year-old that I had slept out yesterday till this morning.
I was saved by the buzzing that came off my phone.
I pick it up but I was more disappointed than angry to see it was Elise calling.

"Je connais votre appeal à propos de Mon fils sa Maison saine et sauve."

(I know you're calling about my son, he arrived home safely.)

"Juste vous attendez jeune fille que Vous avez tout faux"

(Just you wait young lady and hear what I have to say)

"What on earth do you have to say that may be of interest?"

"Not of interest mà chére but of distress."

"Say what you most now,I have way better things to do than to listen to your bullshit Elise. I am in no mode for games!"

"Fowl mood huh?
Well you see, you didn't keep to the end of our bargain.
You fooled me into signing more than I asked for.
You can't-fool me, I am a man who has always gotten what I have ever wanted.
I asked for more and refusing was what you see fit wasn't it Ma chére?
Let me lighten that mode of yours by telling you that the game you never wanted a part of, has just begun."

***

Hello wattpadders!

How you all?
How are we enjoying the book?

Hey guys am thinking of joining the watty awards😀
What do you say?
Should I give it a shot?

Let me see your comments don't forget to hit the orange star button below for votes...

Anastesiacaxton💖
Xoxo