Chapter 5

I was right. I didn't get up for another hour because of Jack. He finally decided to get up because he was growing bored. I looked at my wrist to see that the scars were pretty noticeable, though it didn't happen long ago. They were red and tears started forming in my eyes. Jack had saw this and pulled me into a hug. "Don't cry." He whispered. I closed my eyes and fell limp into his arms. I no longer wanted to leave his embrace. I didn't want him to let go. But, I had to. Don't do it. Don't fall for him. You'll end up broken. Don't you remember last time. Yes I remember. You reminded me last time. No flashbacks. Flashback? No! Fine. Thank you. Just kidding! Oh my goodness please don't. Haha, just kidding. I'm not that mean. Whatever. Jack let go of me and I shuddered. "Are you cold?" He asks. I nod and grabbed a blanket, surrounding my self in it. "What do you want to do today?" He asks. I shrug and pull the blanket tighter around me. "You want to watch a movie, or go to the arcade?" He asks. I hold up two fingers and he nods. "Arcade it is." I smile and get up from the bed, instantly shivering as the blanket fell from my body. "You want my sweatshirt?" He asks, about to pull it off his body. I shake my head no and grab a hoodie that was laying on my floor. I head downstairs and he follows. "Morning boys!" My mom beams. I give her a weird look and she just smiles innocently. "What would you like for breakfast?" She asks. I shrug and slip into a chair. Jack follows. "How about some scrambled eggs on toast?" She asks. "Yes please, is that okay Zach?" Jack asks, shifting towards me. I nod and get up from my spot. I tap my mom's shoulder. "Yes sweetheart?" She smiles. 'Really?' I sign. 'What. He's cute.' She signs back. 'Mom.' I sign back. 'You can't say that he's not. I mean, look at him!' She signs, making me look in his direction. Stop. But he is sort of cute. No. 'I don't see it.' I sign back. She rolls her eyes and continues cooking. I huff and go back to my seat. "What were you guys signing about?" He asks. "Nothing sweetie." My mom answers for me. "Just new school is giving him the slight jitters." She smiles, going back to her eggs. "Can you butter the toast?" She asks me. I nod and get up from my chair. "What are you guys doing today?" She asks as I spread butter on the toast. "We're going to the arcade." He responds. "That's fun." She nudges my shoulder and laughs. I get out the plates as she puts the eggs onto them. I put the hot pieces of toast right in the side and hand Jack his plate, his hand brushing against mine as he grabs it. You're getting sucked in. Shush. I'm trying to help you. Well maybe I don't need your help. Maybe I want this. You think you want this, but in reality, you know it'll kill you. Whatever. It was short lived. I set my plate down and sat by Jack. We quietly ate our food until my mo spoke up. "Maybe you can take Reese and Ryan with you." I glared at her and she smiled like she didn't see me. "If they're willing. It's pretty early." Jack says. "True, it is early. Oh well maybe next time." She winks. I send her a glare and she just smiles. Sometimes I love her, but when it comes to guys, can she just not? I grab my empty plate and put it in the sink. "You sure you want to go now?" Jack questions as he places his plate in the sink. I nod and go to put on my shoes. He follows my actions. 'Bye mom.' I sign. "Bye sweethearts!" She shouts as I close the door. "Are you driving or am I?" I shrug. "I'll drive then." He says, grabbing the keys from my hand. I roll my eyes and sit in the passenger seat.

The drive wasn't too long but it felt like an eternity. Being the impatient person I am I start tapping my foot at a rapid pace to keep me calm. "We're almost there. You can calm down." He says. I slow down the pace of my tapping but I don't stop. He puts his hand on my thigh and that makes me stop and blush. "Look we're here." Jack says, stopping the car in the parking lot. He lifts his hand off of my thigh but my cheeks were still flushed a darker pink. I soon followed him inside, trying avoid anyone that went to our school since this was a popular area to go to on the weekends.

Then the unexpected happened...

A/N: I KNOW YOU GUYS HATE ME. IM SO SO SO SORRY. I JUST DIDNT HAVE TIME AND I HAVE TO GET MY GRADES UP IF I WANT TO USE MY PHONE. BUT MY MOM IS WARMING UP TO ME SO I CAN USE MY PHONE SOMETIMES. Also the next chapter is gonna be "interesting."