Chapter 11: Broken

ZACH
We slowly walked back to the house, Daniel and Corbyn quietly talking to one another. "Zach. Can, can I tell Corbyn? He's my best friend and I don't want there to be any secrets. He's very good with secrets." Daniel asked. "I swear I won't tell. When Daniel first came out, I didn't tell anyone until he was ready." Corbyn adds. I nod slowly and look back down at my feet. Daniel slowly whispered the story, his eyes now glistened with fresh tears. The quiet morning stopped and Corbyn pulled me into and bear hug. He lifted up my sleeve and traced the light scars, his eyes now glistened with tears. Daniel wraps his arms around both of us and we just stand there for a minute, enjoying each other's presence. We finally broke the long hug and kept walking. As we got closer to the house, I could hear yelling bouncing off the walls. We stopped in front of the house, the yelling now louder then ever. I winced at each word and realized that both Corbyn and Daniel had grabbed my hands. "We are right here." Daniel said, a weak smile appearing on his face. I nod and open the door to see things broken, stuff knocked over, and Jack and Jonah, in the middle of it all, screaming. I want to scream at them. I want to shout that I'm okay, when in reality I'm not. I take a deep breath and walk over to Jonah. I slowly place my hand on his shoulder, causing him to turn around and his once angry expression now softened to a sadder one. He engulfs me into a hug and I quietly break down again. Jack stands there, trying to 'comfort' his girlfriend. I wipe my tears and walk over to Jack. I grab out my phone and text him.

YOU broke me. YOU caused my pain. YOU ARE BREAKING ME SLOWLY BECAUSE YOU THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA TO ASK WHY SOMEONE IS A MUTE. YOU THOUGHT THAT A LITTLE GAME OF TRUTH OR DARE WOULD MAKE ME OPEN UP. BUT YOU THOUGHT WRONG. I JUST SAW THE REAL YOU. THE ONE WHO DOESN'T CARE FOR ANYONE IN THIS ROOM EXCET FOR YOUR GIANT EGO. SO F YOU JACK AVERY.

I click send, my hand now shaking he scans over the text and his expression softens. "Zach." He mumbles. I clench my fists and turn around.

I don't want to hear it. What you said, hurt me. It made me think about memories I wish I could forget, memories I wish I didn't have. So don't talk to me. I'm going home. Goodbye Jack.

I click send once more and shove my phone into my pocket. I grab Daniel, Corbyn, and Jonah's hands and drag them out the house. "Where are we going?" Jonah asks. "I'm guessing to his house." Daniel responds. I nod and let go of their hands. Jonah looks down at me and then over at Dani. "What did he say?" Corbyn asked, slightly annoyed. Jonah, now on the brink of tears, shook his head. "Hurtful things. Many hurtful things." Jonah responded, taking a deep breath and wiping his eyes. "Later. I don't want to talk about it now." Jonah says. We all nod and continue walking. I look up at the starry sky as they glistened while the night swallowed up all of the remaining light.

As soon as we got into my house I rushed up the stairs. I grabbed my sketchbook and flipped to the page where I was drawing Jack star-gazing. Instead of ripping it out, I continued drawing it. I fixed every crooked line and darkened each one. But instead of drawing Jack, I turned it into me. I didn't want him in my mind. Then I remembered, we have an art project together. I groan loudly and fall back onto my bed. Daniel comes up to my room, a worried look plastered on his face. "You okay?" He asks. I nod and look up at the ceiling, then at my window. Daniel sits on my bed and looks out the window, glancing at the door. "You sure?" He questions. I roll my eyes and nod once more. I get up and put on some joggers, obviously making Daniel look away. I lay back down on my bed and grab out my phone.

Where are you guys sleeping?

Daniel chuckles. "We found out your couch is a pull out couch, so Jonah and I are sleeping there while Corbyn sleeps in the guest bedroom. And don't worry, your mom knows we're here." He responds.

Oh ok. Well, tell me if you need anything. I'm getting tired. Good night!

"Good night Zachy." He whispers.

Zachy. He called me that. I shut my eyes and after awhile I drifted asleep, thinking how I was going to face him on tomorrow.

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. I've been getting distracted. BUT YALL EBEN LIKED MY I STA POSTS, WELL TWO OF THEM AND I WAS SCREAMING. But yea, I'm weird 😂. See you soon! Love you!