Chapter 14: One Day

ZACH
I missed hanging out with all the boys. Even though Dani is still warming up to the idea of Jack being around me again, I'm pretty sure it will be fine. I hear a knock on the door and shoot up from my bed and run down the stairs. "Someone special coming over?" My mom asks. I sign 'just the boys.' "Alrighty then." She responds, laughing lightly. I roll my eyes and swing the door open, immediately embracing Jack into a hug. He hugged me back, tightly and he laughed. I missed him, even though I saw him a couple of hours ago. I wish I had friends like them way back in grade school.

We walked up to my room and set our stuff down. "Okay, so we can either finish that art project that's due TOMORROW or, we can study for the test on Friday." Jack offers. I hold up a one and he grins. "Thank god. I did not want to study." He sighs in relief. I smile and grab my sketch book from my bag. "The boys will be here in a bit. They said that they were going to the mall or something." Jack says, getting out his notebook. I nod and and flip open to the page where I started drawing Jack. I put the finishing touches on his curls and his eyes. I showed him the picture and his mouth hung agape. "How do you draw so good?" He asks, smiling. I shrug and grab my colored pencils. "Okay seriously, where do you buy this stuff. You have like a million and one colored pencils and a huge sketch book." He teases. I roll my eyes and right down the art store. "Well duh Zachy. But which one? He asks again. I wrote down that I'll take him there when I need something from there. "Cool! Okay let's get back to work." He says. (Lmao wut even is that sentence 😂. I miss doing this.)

~~~~~~~~~~~ONE HOUR LATER~~~~~~~~~~~
Jack and I just joked around the entire time. I did end up finishing and Jack was in the middle of coloring. He refused to show me what he drew until he finished. I kept trying to peek at his notebook but he's just hug it to his chest. I huff softly and he looks up. "I'm almost done chill. Thanks for letting me use your colored pencils by the way." He says. I sign 'you're welcome' to him. "I hope that means you're welcome cause if it doesn't." He trails off his words. I shrug and smirk. "Zachy, don't do this to me. Did you say you're welcome or no?" He pleads. I shrug again and start smiling innocently. He tackles me and he lands on top of me. He starts tickling me and I hold in my laughter. At this point I break and start laughing and that's when he stops. I cover my mouth and sit back up. "You, you laughed." He says smiling. I felt like crying. I have never laughed in front of someone in years, years. My eyes were watering and that's when he got the memo and pulled me into a hug. I broke down into his shoulder and I wanted to say something, but I couldn't. "Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm not gonna judge you. I learned the hard way that it will tear apart friendships. Please don't cry." He whispers into my ear. "What's your favorite song?" He asks. I shrug and bury my head back into his shoulder. "How about, One Day by Tate McRae?" He asks. I nod and lay down while he lays down next to me.
A/N: if you don't know the song play it here so you at least know what Jack is singing lmao

He stares at the ceiling once again, with a hundred thoughts,

Maybe he knows who I am, probably not.

He walks down the hall with his head down low, scared to meet his eyes.

Even when he heard his voice, he's swarmed with butterflies.

It's impossible to get you off my mind.

His voice was so soothing. I felt like I would let him sing to me forever if it was possible.

I think about a hundred thoughts and you are ninety nine.

I've understood that you will never be mine, and that's fine

I'm just breaking inside

He always walks the crowded halls, blinded by this light.

A guy who keeps his head down low, and never shows his eyes

He's tried to talk to him but there's no easy way

Cause every time he raises his voice, he runs away.

I've never realized how similar this is to Jack and I. Coincidence maybe?

Oh it's impossible to get you off my mind

I think about a hundred thoughts and you are ninety nine.

I've understood that you will never be mine

And that's fine

I'm just breaking inside.

One day,

Maybe he'll stay

And start to head over his way

And one day

He'll look into his eyes and instead of breaking

He'll call him 'mine'

One day

He'll grab him by the waist

And force them to meet face to face

One day

He'll look into his eyes

And say that your my only light

It's impossible to get you off my mind

I think about a hundred thoughts and you are ninety nine.

I understand that you will never be mine

And that's fine

I'm just breaking inside.

With that last sentence we both dozed off, fast asleep in one another's arms. Today was special. Today was the day I had finally forgiven Jack. Even though the boys weren't here, it still felt like they were.

A/N: CUTE AF CHAPTER MY GAWD IM WRITING SO MANY OF THEM. SORRY FOR BOT UPDATING FOR A WHILE I WAS DOING HW AND STRESSING OVER A TEST AND SHIZ. BUT CHAPTERS FOR THE SEQUEL WILL BE LUT TOMORROW. ALSO ON THURSDAY ILL TRY TO GET A CHAPTER IN EARLY SINCE I HAVE A TRACK MEET AND MY EVENTS ARE AT THE BEGINNING. ANYWAYS GOOD NIGHT. I LOVE YOU ALL NO MORE NO LESS.