Chapter 22: Like You

Lunch!

The lunch period was the best. The moment when everyone is free from the hell and is able to eat glorious food.

You were sitting next to Todoroki and the other classmates you usually sat with.

You were busy chowing your favrotie meal your mom packed for you and you were listening to Uraraka and tsyuu's conversation.

"Did you hear Kirishima got a new dog!" Uraraka Said and your interest perked up.

You heard Todoroki grunt and he looked the other direction when you looked at him.

"What's wrong?" You said swallowing the meal your mom packed.

"It's just—"

"AH! Here's the picture of Kirishimas dog!" Uraraka Said showing the people around the desk.
Uraraka pointed the phone at you and you awed.

A cute dog with a pink coller and was rolling around a dog bed.
Gasping you brought the phone closer and awed even more.

"Aww it's so cute! Did he tell you the name?" You asked Uraraka and you forgot about todorokis concerns.

Todoroki just fell silent and just kept eating his food in the silent.

"Yeah! its a She and her name is... Haruka I think he said Ribbit" tsyuu said putting her finger in her chin.

"She's a pure inu shiba breed Kirishima told me" Uraraka Said making you wow.

Todoroki had enough.

"Tsk." He got up from the table and went to an unknown location.
First throwing his leftovers and leaving the cafeteria.

"Uhhh...." Midoriya said looking at you and now the attention was on you.

"I have no clue." You said sighing.
"His been upset from English period and now his just being moody." You said getting angry by the minute.

"Maybe you should talk to him..." Uraraka said softly and you sighed even more.

"I guess so... let me see what I can do" you said getting up and quickly walking to the location he went.

While walking you reached the exit gate of the cafeteria until...

"Yo (y/n)!!" You turned around and saw it was Kirishima. Kirishima arrived to you and gave you a toothy grin.

"Since we partners for this project would you like to start today?" He said in his cheerful voice.

"Oh yeah that's perfect with me!" You said about to turn around again until he stopped you again.

"Cool then maybe you would want to meet up at my house?" He said and you gave a nod. He gave you a small smile.

"Oh! yeah I need to tell you that I got a new puppy and—"

"Yes yes! It's Haruka right? Uararka kept squealing about it at the table" You said smiling at the end. Quickly figuring out to cut his conversion short you had to break it to him.

"Right... Kirishima can we talk a little bit later I got some business to intend too.. I'll talk to you later ,see ya!" You said waving at him and quickly walking off the direction Todoroki walked out.

Kirishima nodded and waved back.
Turning around he went back to his friends.

"Hell yes score!" Kirishima said out loud making denki and Sero smack their heads. Kirishima was just falling more and more in likes with you.

- - - - -

'If I was Todoroki where would I go..' you thought. Looking at the stairs your head striked a light bulb.

'The roof!' You thought and started walking up the stairs.

Opening the door you looked to the side and saw Todoroki lying against the wall.

"There you are todo!" You said smiling at the male.

Todoroki looked up and felt his face burning.
He looked to the other side and breathed in heavily.

"What's wrong?" You said walking up to the other side of him making him look the other direction. He saw your hand coming to him and he needed to react.

He got up.

"Nothing." He said coldly.

'Gee.' You thought. Why was he so moody all of a sudden?

"What's your deal now?" You said to Todoroki. He didn't know what to say.
He could say it right now he loved you but didn't have the courage. He felt it wasn't the right time.

"I'm being ignored now?" You said a little bit hurt. He was still not looking at you

"No. It's just." He was trying to plan what to say but the words were just knotted in his throat.

"It's just what?" He looked at you seeing you weren't really liking how he was acting.

"Are you upset that I'm just gonna be with Kirishima?" You said to him and his eyes widened.

He had to admit it. He was jealous and upset you weren't paired up with him.

"Why should I care?" He said to you and you were taken back.

"I am allowed to make other male friends you know" You said crossing your arms.

"I.." Todoroki really didn't wanna do this.

You took a deep breath and let go a heavy sigh.
"I know you seem a little insecure about our friendship but—"

"I'm not insecure." He said coldly and rudely to you and you were shocked.

"I'm just looking out for you. You don't have to act so coldly to me." You said with a hurt tone.

"Well you should mind your own business then." He said and was shocked what he just said. You fell silent.

He looked up at you and saw how your mouth was slightly opened and you looked really touched. Did he just say that.

You thought you two were best friends...
You were wrong.

Todoroki didn't even mean to say that.

"Wait (y/n)—" he then saw you snap back at him with your eyes looking glassy.

"fine then! Go tell your other classmates about your dumb situations you go though with! I tried helping. I'm leaving. Sorry Todoroki." You said and when you opened the door. You heard Todoroki speak.

"Wait it's because I—" he called your name out but you just walked away and slammed the door behind you.

'I don't need that kind of attitude.' You thought and walked down the stairs ,small tears dripping down your plump cheeks.

He was hurt. You even called him Todoroki. He didn't mean to say that. He actually was glad you cared for him. He was a fool.

Todoroki looked down with a sad expression on his face. He took a deep breath. He should have just said it to you.

"It's because I like you..." he said softly putting his hand into a fist.