Chapter 20: Where's Anna

Chapter 20

Elsa's POV

Pitch black, and eerie black. Maybe not even black. A dark, empty feeling, like a black hole. The presence of one, just getting ready to suck every atom of your body in. Out of the blackness tears through a little beacon of light. Not just a beacon, a stream. Now it's a column. Now the bottomless pit of blackness is a dimly lit room. A room with mossy green stone walls and weak wooden panels attached to the roof. I crane my head to the left and there is a tiny slit of glass which I guess is suppose to serve as a window. I wobble out of bed and run to the window. Half way there I am strained. I lash around and find two chains nailed to the floor on the other side of the room. I follow the chains and the connect to two metal cuffs. Two metal cuffs that are covering my hands. My hands were completely enclosed as an attempt to conceal my powers, but I know. I know what they are capable of. These measly cuffs cannot control the storm raging within me.

I strain to look out the window. I stretch and bend and reach but all my attempts fail. One last little hop forward gives me a glimpse of the outside world. My once beautiful, full of life city, where people roamed the streets and the sun was raised high in the sky, was now covered in snow. Completely frozen. Ships were tipped and snow capped, the fjord was completely solid, a constant blizzard terrorized the town, and a monster of a queen lives inside the walls. The walls where she did not belong. Only a true queen belonged here, on that does not have to be worried about hurting everyone she sees. Then I hear a creaking sound. I did not realize that I was so quite but the door completely demolished it.

"Queen Elsa?" a masculine voice whispers. A whirl around and find the man my sister wanted to marry stand in front of me. His eyes stares into mine and I realized that basically he is the whole reason this happened. I should of just said yes. He seems like a nice guy who really cares about my sister. That would of made life so much easier. "Hi your majesty, I'm Prince Hans of the Southern Isles."

"Hello Hans," I say glancing still at the window.

"Queen Elsa, I must speak to you, about this winter. You need to lift this winter." I still stare at the window, no. I'm acting like I'm staring at the window so Hans cannot see the years rolling down my face.

"Don't you see?" I manage to stifle out between sniffles. "I can't." I immensely try to hold back my tears. "I've tried and tried and tried. I can't. Now you need to let me go! I need to talk to Anna!" Hans looks at his feet.

"Princess Anna has not returned yet," I gasp. What of she never returns? I would be responsible. It's my fault she not back.

"You need to let me go. I'm not safe." I yell, crying into Hans's eyes. His face instantly darkens.

"Now Elsa, you no I can't do that until you lift the winter." I swear I saw a faint smirk appear on his face but it was probably the shadows. "We both no you can lift the winter, so just do it."

"Hans, I truly can't!" I panic.

"Well, looks like you get to rot it here." He grabs my jawbone tightly and make me look at his face. "A shame this pretty face had to go to waste. It was so much prettier than your sisters." That's when I flipped. I threw myself at him, knocking him off his feet.

"Jack get him!" luckily Jack did follow me here. I knew he wouldn't leave my side. Jack appears from the boards above and shoots two rays of ice out of his hands, hitting Hans right in the head, knocking him out.

"You jerk!" he screamed. "Anna is a wonderful person who doesn't deserve you." I glance at him and he sighs, "come on you know I love you. Anna is a wonderful person to though. I can't compliment our sister?"

"Calm down ya weirdo," I chuff. "Now get him out of here before the guards come." Jack obeys and kicks the body out of the room. "Jack," I yell. He runs in.

"Ya! what's up?" it's cute how worried he gets.

"Please go out and find Anna," he nods.

"Anything for you my queen," he comes over and kisses my shoulder and starts away.

"Hey Jack?" he turns around, "don't call be a queen." He smiles then rushes out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you like this chapter? I know I really enjoyed writing this one. Sorry it took so long to post just with orchestra audition prep and the end of school it's been hectic. Haha. But I finally got one up. Remember to vote, comment, recommend, and add to your library. I would appreciate 1,435 reads for the next chapter.