Prologue: Character Creation

"What exactly do you mean random?"

His question was interrupted as his eyes opened to a completely new ceiling. His head slowly turned to look around as a smell that seemed to be the mix of rotten fish and alcohol hit him. He tried not to breath in the horrible smell as he looked around the wooden room he was in.

The room was not very well lit, in fact it was not lit at all, the only light was coming in through the small cracks and holes in the roof. Around him there were multiple hammocks strung to the roof. After a few seconds he also realized he himself was lying in a hammock, and it was shaking quite well.

"Woah!"

It was as if the moment he realized this the shaking got worse and he had to hold on in order to not fall of, but he failed this and fell onto the floor and rolled for a little bit before he managed to stop himself. He shakily stood up, almost falling again as the floor bumped up and down.

"It really does feel like reality..."

He looked down and moved his hands around a bit. He had doubts when he heard about the realism of this system, but all that was now completely wiped away. But, there was still a problem.

"Where the hell am I..."

He had gone into the game mostly blind, deciding it would be better to check out different guides later if he needed them. One of the things he had known beforehand, however, was that the starting point for all races was supposed to be in the streets of a city called Bradtiel.

But he definitely wasn't standing on the streets now... And he knew the reason, it happened just a few seconds ago after all...

---

Everything surrounding him gave of a bright white light, but it quickly faded and turned to a more gray color as the seemingly angelic figure of a girl descended down from above. A long white dress, blonde hair and eyes as red as blood. These were the characteristics of the girl who had descended down onto him.

As her feet touched the ground, she bowed before him.

"My name is Alicia, I am here to support you with the creation of your character. First, please select a race."

"All right..."

His choices appeared before him in the form of different versions of himself. Each had taken some features from a different fantasy race, a tall and pointy-eared elf, a short and stout dwarf, a vampire with white skin, a fur-covered werewolf and a man covered in scales, named dragon.

Dragons in Dreamland were a slightly complicated existence. The humanoid creatures clad in scales were referred to as dragons while the creatures that would normally be called dragons were referred to as draculs.

Not that he felt like picking any of these races, he didn't want anything complicated. He would pick human, he had heard there were three new premium races coming to the game as well, and one could change to those later if they wanted to.

"Human, I think."

Alicia nodded.

"Well, would you like to make any special changes to your body?"

He looked at the copy of himself, messy brown hair and green eyes, an average build with average looks. He was nothing special, but he was quite okay with that. Though maybe a few interesting additions would be good...

"Uhm... Make my eyes golden and then... Make the face look less like... me."

"Like this?"

The eyes of the copy changed to a dull golden color and the features of the characters face to become more sharp turning his normally aloof expression to a more serious, mature one. This would ensure no one from the game would recognize him in real life.