Chapter 9: The Under The Counter Deal (3)

As they arrived back at the small harbor the group of six entered into the same room with a good view of the ocean as before and the same man in a suit as before greeted them.

"Here is you reward."

He tossed each of them a bag of 20.000 gold coins and Leon got a [Quest complete] notification.

"I thank the Holy Order for their great work and ask you to excuse me and the adventurer for a short while."

As he said this, the five knights instantly eyed the man suspiciously.

"I should let you know this man is a Holy Knight as well, and if you hurt him you will not be forgiven."

Number 337 was spoke with a soft tone even though it was a completely undisguised threat.

"Please do not worry yourself, I only have some personal business with him."

Number 337 nodded.

"I understand, but if you hurt him remember that the church will deliver swift judgement."

"Yes sir!"

The knights left the room with a short bow at the man and closed the door behind themselves.

"Now then..."

The man gestured at Leon to sit down and Leon followed what he was told to do.

"What do you want me here for, if I may ask?"

The other man was currently in the process of cleaning his round golden-rimmed glasses with a piece of cloth from the table.

"We have a deal for you mister... Leon. Do you happen to know any fellow adventurers on this island?"

Leon definitely didn't, he hadn't seen a single players since he got here, that was a fact. But was this an invitation for him to meet his first other Ayer? To be honest the AI felt so real to him that he hadn't even thought about being lonely, but maybe meeting another player would be nice.

"I do."

He had much to gain and nothing to lose, so why not.

CHARISMA CHECK FAILED

A small window appeared in the top left of his vision and quickly disappeared. he was sure of what this meant, the AI in front of him didn't believe him.

"I see... Well if you have some money we can get you access to them. It's 5000 to buy someone out of captivity, but I'll give you a minor discount so it's 4950 for you. So if you'd like to do so you just need to pay up. I'll also give you a free tip, as courtesy."

Crap, the other man was now asking him for money because he had too low charisma. But, his [Bartering] skill was proving to be useful... for a 50 gold discount.

"Alright."

He placed the money on the table, compelled by the promise of information about other players.

"Fine then, please come with me."

He still has about 30000 Gold, so Leon didn't feel too bad about his choice.

He followed the man through quite a few doors and corridors, and found himself standing among a few different prison cells.

"Over here."

The man gestured towards a cell in the far right corner of the room. The cells were actually particularly well-lit and looked alright to live in. As Leon moves toward the cell, he noticed the name tag and his movements became quicker.

Dreamland MMORPG: Sea WolfOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara