Chapter 1: Rat Extermination (1)

Leon blinked twice, and in that short span of time the large ship had already traveled 40 meters away from shore and left him sitting on the sand, confused and alone. 

"Well, I guess this works just as well!"

After all, he could freely do whatever he wanted without being tied down by any quests now.

He got up on his feet and picked up the sword which had been halfway buried in the sand. 

"Right, should probably check my own status..."

The tutorial in Dreamland was very short, it consisted of a hologram quickly explaining some of the basics to you and another excusing his behaviour and explaining the rest.

It would appear first when you thought about opening your status. Basically, you gained 2 stat points each level which could be distributed between the stats strength, vitality, intelligence, dexterity, and agility. You also gained 1 skill point which could be used to level up passive skills or unlock new skills.

To open the menu, all one had to do was think off the word menu and it would easily open. The menu had a few different tabs, but Leon was only interested in his status at this time.

Name: Leon

Level: 1 (0%)

HP: 1150/1200

MP: 800/800

Stats:  STR: 1 VIT: 1 INT: 1 DEX: 1 AGI: 1 

Special: Cha: 2

Skills:

Holy Knight: [Lv.1 Slice <0%>] [Lv.1 Block <0%>]

Engineer: [Lv.1 Basic Engineering <0%>] [Lv.1 Creator's Eye <0%>]

Merchant: [Lv.1 Bartering <0%>] [Lv.Max Charisma]

Marshal: [Lv.1 Commander <0%>] [Lv.Max Charisma]

Alright. It seemed that his stats were very low, but that was because he had just started playing. He decided to check the effects of some of his skills.

[Bartering] (Passive/Active) Allows the player to barter with NPC's. Passively decreases all NPC item prices by 1% per level and can actively be used to convince NPC's to buy items for more and sell for less. (Based On Charisma)

This skill would probably be useful, if he could ever find another NPC.

[Commander] (Passive/Active) Passively increases the magic and physical damage of your NPC allies by 1% per level and their defense by 1.5% per level. Actively this skill can be used to command troops, each level allows you to command 10 NPC troops. Current: 0 troops Max: 10 Troops

This skill could also be useful, if he ever found an NPC.

[Slash] (Requires Sword) (Active) MP Cost: 50 A slash that deals 2x your regular damage.

[Block] (Requires 2-handed weapon/Shield)(Active) MP Cost: 20 A block that compares your strength with the enemy's to block part of the damage you might have taken.

Alright! These were useful combat skills. He checked the engineer skills as well, but he didn't need them now so he mostly just skimmed through the description.

"Now then, let's get exploring!"

With his longsword in hand, he headed into the dense tropical jungle that was just beyond the shore. The air was quite nice in the forest, and he hadn't really encountered any monsters yet so he was mostly just taking in the sights.