Chapter 16: Slab Of Control (2)

"I hope you know what you're doing..."

As Rehn and Leon walked up to the doors, they slid open by themselves, inviting them in.

"I hope so too."

Leon replied to Rehn's worries by making the boy even more worried.

They stepped inside, and the large doors shut behind them. A maze of stone corridors stood before the two, and they couldn't help but wonder why they corridors were so large.

The stone had cracked here and there and there were large holes in the walls every now and then. The only sounds that could be heard in the corridor were wind blowing through the cracks in the stone and the sound of something crawling in the walls.

It was more like a horror game than the action-RPG it was supposed to be, and Rehn shivered at the sounds. Leon was more than used to horror games and movies, so he had no problems.

But, this meant Rehn was far more alert and noticed the ambush before Leon had even seen the first enemy.

"Watch out!" As Rehn shouted, Leon barely managed to see the enemy and dodge the golden blade.

[LV. 35][Royal Living Armor][7500/7500]

Leon was a bit surprised at first, there was definitely a large gap in power between this creature and the chaos spider Leon had killed before. A gap of about 112500 points of HP.

And, judging by the very minimal damage the knight's sword had done to the floor beneath it, the armor was probably not that much stronger than the spider.

The golden armor attacked again, and Leon dodged again. He followed this by attacking the armor, and proceeded to fight in his usual way of dodging and striking at opportunities.

He had no real problem with the armor, save for the fact that it came back to life after he killed it.

"What the hell...?"

Leon dodged another attack by leaping to the side and striking the enemy. It hadn't revived with full HP, which was good.

After a minute of fighting he struck it down again, and as before the armor fell to the ground in pieces before reassembling itself.

"Try using holy magic!"

Rehn suggested carefully while healing Leon from some damage he had taken.

"Right."

And so he did, Leon used holy magic to finish the armor and this time it actually died.

Then the group of two continued through the stone corridors, encountering a few armors here and there. Though the armors had a relatively predictable pattern and weren't that powerful, Leon was now as much on his toes as Rehn. Carefully watching for new enemies and trying to avoid ambushes.

The encounters in this particular dungeon weren't very varied, seeing how during fifty minutes they had only encountered living armors.

Leon and Rehn had a pretty good time anyway, telling a few jokes and laughing at a little bit of everything to distract them from the crawling in the walls.

Some more walking, and they were suddenly outside, or at least almost outside, they were standing on a half buried tower slightly above the ground. Most of it was covered in moss just like the tower before, and it was filled with broken bookshelves and burnt books.

The whole place was a mess.

"Just how did we get here... Never mind."

Leon couldn't be bothered with thinking about how they have ten here from that underground tower, it was in the name after all, fantasy. And they had gone up a few stairs as well.