Chapter 17: Slab Of Control (3)

Blood trickled down the two steel blades and down onto the floor, gathering in a small pool.

The room seemed to fall silent before one of the vampires spoke up.

"I remember the prince being tougher than this."

Leon still hung between their swords, skewered like an animal.

"I agree."

The vampires had a weird way of speaking, only one sentence at a time and only one could really speak a full sentence, the other simply answered. Odd, and all things odd are at least slightly horrifying.

Couple that with the brutal scene before him, and anyone would understand why Rehns heart was pounding like it was going to pop out of his chest at any second.

He needed to think quickly, but he couldn't act rashly. He didn't want to fail the dungeon, but he knew he couldn't beat it alone. Whether in the real world or in the game he had never really been one for thinking too much, he charged at most his problems head on.

He really wanted to be a master smith in the game, and he had his reasons for that. But if he decided to flee now just to save a bit of exp, could he honestly succeed in that? No. He needed to take some risks.

He ran back into the room as fast as his legs would carry him, and then he quickly delivered a light punch to one of the vampires. Rather than hurting the enemy this punch hurt him.

But he didn't care, he had gotten their attention now.

The two vampires turned toward him and smiled.

"The little one wants to play."

"He does."

Before they could react, Rehn cast his healing spell on Leon, who had fallen to the floor like a sack of potatoes after the swords had been removed from him.

(+1000)

Without hesitation, Leon stood up behind his two enemies. There was no time to waste, and he knew this very well. Before they had even reacted, Leon had leapt forward and landed multiple different attacks on his enemies.

He hadn't made use of all his attacks, but he decided now was as good a time as any to use [Banishing Seal], which his enemies didn't take very well. The two vampires retreated, some of their flesh scorched by the [Banishing Seal].

[LV. 45][Vampiric Royal Guard Captain][1235/7500]

[LV. 45][Vampiric Royal Guard Captain][2384/7500]

The two guard captains had taken a surprising amount of damage from the surprise attack, but they had now turned their attention to Leon who was still gravely wounded from their last attack.

Luckily, this was still a game and as none of his limbs had been cut of he could keep going the same as usual even if he had been riddled with holes.

That's what he had read on the wiki, turned out that having most of your blood drained from your body at once still caused quite some exhaustion. But he was back now, and he felt more ready than ever to kill the two vampires.

The vampires both attacked at once, without even saying anything. If they hadnt been before hey were now definitely aiming for his life though Leon wasn't going to lose that easily.

He focused on the two swords coming at him, they had both centered their attack on the same location, combining the two blades into an X-shape. He also noticed they were covered in the same dark mist that the previous vampire had launched at him, he wasn't willing to find out how much damage that attack might deal.