Chapter 22: Layers Of Annihilation: First Try (1)

About an hour later Geralt was still sitting on top of the tower, but now he was now longer flipping through the catalogue. He was waiting for someone, and that someone was taking too long.

Geralt gave the small white wolf pup next to his leg a pat on the head and then pulled him up onto the table.

"What's up?"

The wolf pup spoke, to the surprise of no one who had known Geralt for more than five minutes. He was, as well as one of the most powerful samurai in the game, one of the most powerful mages and an extremely powerful summoner. All in all, he was extremely powerful.

And as such, it was only natural that his allies were somewhere near his level of power.

"Leo isn't showing up! I mean, can you imagine? I offered him a fair trade! A mask for everything I need to build up this castle!"

Geralt complained, and the wolf reacted by sighing.

"He wouldn't know the true value of the Second Flame Mask until he's seen its power for himself, Geralt..."

"I know but..."

At that very moment, an angry man in a man burst through the door to the tower roof. Behind him there were two guards with the Diamond Wolfves logo on their shoulders, they seemed a little beat up.

The man stared at Geralt with anger in his eyes, and Geralt gestured for his guards to leave.

Geralt opened his mouth, but the man spoke before he could even say anything. And, what he said wasn't pretty. A long line of different curses and words about the nature of Geralt's mother were released from his mouth.

"And with that, I believe the fourth man might be your father."

Leo finally concluded this after about a minute of making up elaborate curses and explaining to Geralt exactly who he thought his mother had slept with.

"So, why the hell did you call me here? Trade THAT for a helmet!? Are you insane!?"

His fist smashed into the table in front of Geralt, making the wolf pup jump back and into Geralt's lap.

"Well, I would like if you didn't insult my mother."

Geralt smiled at Leo, the man in front of him, but his smile was more threatening than kind.

Leo sighed and took a seat on the single other chair on the roof.

"I understand. But Geralt, you have to also understand... You are wasting my time! See, I can only do business if it is serious!"

Though the built-in translator in Dreamland was good, it wasn't perfect and Leo's Italian accent was shining through. Although, most likely that was because he was actually speaking english with an italian accent rather than italian and letting the game translate for him.

"I'm not wasting your time though."

Leo looked at Geralt, who looked dead serious for a few seconds before answering.

"If you're really not, then I'll listen. But I swear to God, if you're pulling some Shit on me..."

Suddenly his accent was gone, which meant he had changed back to speaking in italian.

"Thank you."

Without further discussion Geralt opened the menu and wrote a message to someone. Within a few seconds, a guard brought a square object covered by a red silk blanket to the table.

Thanking the guard and giving her a potion as appreciation Geralt turned back to Leo.

"This is it. The Second Flame Mask, sorry about the delay. It can't be stored in your inventory."