Chapter 12: Royal Trial (1)

Leon ran through the forest as quickly as he could, while trying to jump over or roll under as many obstacles as possible. Why was he running? Well, the reason was very simple. HE was being chased by a horde of kittens with black fur and red eyes. Also, they were level 35. KITTENS! Level 35 kittens.

They also happened to be ridiculously fast, and Leon was only surviving by using anything he could to block them.

He could see a ravine just a few meters to his right, and he instantly turned to run through the bushes toward it. He ran as fast as he could, and then he jumped over the ravine. Just barely however, as he had to grab onto the ledge and pull himself up. The ravine was very deep, and he made sure to make a mental note of it as a possible place for him to explore later.

For now though, he was out into the middle of the jungle with nowhere to go. It seemed the kittens didn't want to jump the ravine, just as he had hoped, but they were still waiting for him on the other side. He childishly stuck out his tongue at them as he turned around and walked into the forest.

He made sure all the three potions he had hung in his belt for easy access were still whole, and they were. His sword and armor was also still with him, so he hoped he would at least be able to survive for an hour out here.

He pushed branches aside as he walked through the forest, he kept his body slightly crouched down in order to avoid any enemies, and whenever he saw an enemy he either waited for it to leave or snuck around it.

"Should've been an assassin..."

He thought about how much easier everything would be then, but then didn't pay it much more mind. Assassins got boring to play if they just snuck around all the time anyway.

He saw all sorts of interesting creatures, and made sure to look down at his monster guide to see if they were catalogued there. It seemed quite a few of the creatures he saw weren't there, but there were at least some and he was very thankful for that.

He picked a few herbs on his way as well, since they could probably sell for a lot of money if they were undiscovered.

On his way to wherever he was going, he spotted a cave. The cave was dark inside, but there seemed to be some blue light at its depth. The cave was mostly hidden away under a lot of moss and vines. He only noticed it because he was bored when he stopped for yet another pack of Chaos Kittens to pass.

Leon decided that it would be good if he entered the cave, beckoned to by the possibility of loot. He quickly moved behind the small pack of kittens and into the cave. The cave was pretty small, the rough stone corridors barely let him pass through. Most of the cave system was illuminated by small blue crystals in the floor, ceiling and walls.

He had no idea what these were, but one he prayed one out of the wall it gave him a short description:

Mana Crystal (Water)
Description: Crystallised mana of the water element, it has many uses.

He decided he should pick them out from the walls as he walked through the stone corridor. He had no idea where this led anyway, and he wasn't really in a hurry. As he kept picking the crystals, he went deeper and deeper into the cave until he had gotten lost in the maze-like system that it was.

"Well crap..."

Leon had just realized he should be looking for a way up, but failed completely to do so as , well, he couldn't find a way up. His map wasn't really helping either as it seemed to only want him to go deeper down into the cave.

There was only one problem, deeper down into the cave there was a giant spider standing guard. The spider had black, seemingly leathery skin and red eyes all over it's body. This creature also just happened to be a;