Chapter 19: The City Is Founded

Leon found himself standing in the city of Zashara again, checking his friends list he quickly saw that Rehn was offline. Kaldo was online, but he seemed to be busy with something. There were many players in the small village, but none seemed to be as low level as Leon.

The AI citizens actually seemed happier though, so Leon could only guess someone had done something good during a quest. But, that wasn't his business. He stepped out into the forest, he would need to found his city quickly and then start grinding. While anyone could destroy your city at any time, your slab had a two day protection when it was placed.

This was to allow NPCs to move in. But as it was, you still needed to defend the buildings. It was a kind of survival of the fittest, a culling of the weak. If you couldn't defend your city you weren't worthy of having said city.

Quickly, Leon came to a realisation.

"I can't create a city yet..."

He had quickly realized it. He was way too weak, and there was nly one way to get stronger in this world, he would need to kill his way to the top of the food chain.

He cursed the realisation silently but decided it was best to act quickly without hesitating. He was level 18 now, that meant he could kill more difficult enemies.

So, he traveled into the thick jungle of the island.

First, he met more Horned Chaos Rabbits, which he decided to engage. It wasn't a difficult dance, he spun around them and stabbed, cut and slashed them whenever there was an opening. He knew these enemies now, he was even able to take on three at once, though he very barely scraped by.

He reached level 19 like this, once again dumping his points into strength. But now the chaos rabbits in the nearby area were probably fighting other players, so he needed to go deeper into the jungle. He had figured something interesting out as he had explored previously. Basically, the more toward the middle you went the more powerful the enemies became.

In his mind Leon had already made up some idea about there being a super powerful enemy in the middle of the that was doing this, but he didn't know. Not yet. But he was now moving more toward the middle, to where he had previously met the enemies called Stalkers.

[LV. 35] [Stalker] [40000/40000]

And now he met them again, or, thhe met e same kind of enemies. It was alone, ao this was his perfect oppurtunity. It was very odd how these enemies had more HP than the dungeon enemies even with their lower lever. But they didn't seem nearly as scary, so Leon acted before the Stalker could spot him and got the first attack on it.

(-1000!)

A free surprise critical hit, assassins could boost this particular crit to incredible lengths but Leon could only get the free extra damage and be thankful.

(-207)

(-211)

The grass-like green fur of the creature lengthened suddenly, and Leon pulled back, expecting some sort of attack. But instead the lion-like creature sat there looking like a ball of grass. Leon realized what it was doing all to late and...

(+200)
(+200)
(+200)
(+200)
(+200)

It healed itself.

"Shit!"

Directly after it's fur shortened again and it dashed at Leon, snapping at him with fangs as big as his fingers. He pushed his sword through the front of it's skull, but the enemy was prepared for this and dodged backward after taking some damage.

Leon made a quick choice not to relent when the enemy dodged and continued attacking. Unluckily for him, this enemy in particular had an unusual ability. At first it tried to scratch him with its claws but Leon dodged, but then it followed up by shooting a green mist out of it's mouth.