Chapter 6: A Helping Hand (4)

Before he forgot, Leon quickly headed down to check on Lyle. He could ask his master about what this 'soul' was later. He walked to Lyle's house and then spoke with the boy, it seemed his traps had worked quite well. Lyle smiled happily and payed the money for the quest and even some extra for all the trouble.

Leon managed to reacquire the dart traps and seeing how he still had some darts they could be reused.

After that, he proceeded to talk to another quest giver and work on their minor problem, it was another extermination job. After finishing placing his traps he decided it was about time he went back up the stairs, climbing them definitely wasn't getting easier but he managed to push himself up.

This time he also didn't end up fainting. He looked around for a few seconds, but couldn't spot his master so he simply decided to train. But before that, he also though he might check the skill info for soul.

It turned out this soul thing had its own tab in the menu, meaning it was probably quite important.

Soul Level. Current Status: Unlocked
Unlock Criteria Used: Scale Mount Cait With Starting Stats

Soul Level: Weakling (0)
Soul: 0/100
Soul Perks Unlocked: 0
Soul Perks Availible: 7
Soul points Availible: 0

Accompanying this there was also a large grid he could open, it was a ridiculously large skill tree reminiscent of a spider web. There were many different skills there, mostly very minor Passive buffs but there were also some which were very interesting. Such as the one that let him unlock his own soul realm, though that was quite a bit in the future.

He had also received a quick explanation when he tapped the question mark in the top right of the grid.

Soul Level

-Through fulfilling certain criteria and then reaching the white tree, Soul Level can be unlocked.

-The criteria used doesn't affect stats.

-Soul Levels give Passive buffs and after level 10 you are allowed to start creating a soul realm.

-Some soul levels also grant skills, and even quests with unique rewards may also be found here.

-Soul Levels can be increased by either killing monsters of a certain strength or finding sigils in the world.

The description was as most other descriptions in Dreamland quite short, but sufficient. This was definitely interesting, and seeing that he had unlocked it could really help him level up faster. Sadly it seemed it wasn't unique to him, but he payed it no mind. If he could sell this secret it might also be good, but he doubted that.

Leon decided to just hit a dummy for a while as he thought about a few things.

First, it seemed he would require a way to acquire flowers, his new job also required him to use a compound made from flower if he was to easily defeat his enemies. If he didn't use this, he might need to make further expensive traps such as the dart trap.

Though they were useful, he shivered at the thought of what they might cost in the future. So making gas was  definitely his best choice. To do this he would need to do some research on how to acquire further skills and skill trees. As far as he understood from what Alicia had told him, this was possible. Though he didn't know how.

As he was thinking, he received a tap on the shoulder from the old man he had temporarily chosen as his master.

"I'm glad to see that you're exited, but try swinging this instead."