Chapter 3: A Helping Hand (1)

"Oh my..."

The poison had certainly been effective. As Leon and Sierra walked through the tunnels, rat corpses littered the long corridor. This time Leon didn't need to hold the torch as Sierra had brought a lantern with her which he was now using instead.

As they reached as far as Leon had went in the tunnel Leon turned around.

"What do you think?"

"Amazing... I never expected you to be this good."

"Haha..."

Leon blushed a bit, he wasn't good with compliments, even when they were complimenting his skill of killing rats.

"Right, do you need any help cleaning this up?"

"if you could... Yes please."

Leon then started picking up a few of the rats, he did want to help Sierra but he also had another reason for doing this.

Item Collected: Rat Tail x1 Rat Fur x1

Yes this was his true intent! Collecting items. This was absolutely necessary, if you killed something you should collect the loot, it was natural to any gamer to do this. It seemed that all he needed to do was get close enough to the dead rats and then he would be prompted to pick up their items.

He wasn't sure about the limitations of his inventory, but he was going to test them out. He kept picking up items until the hallway was almost completely clean.

"Thank you, you've helped me out a lot here. I want to reward you but I don't have much to give..."

Sierra seemed to be in deep thought about something.

"There is this... If it's enough."

She held out three small blue crystals towards him.

Seeing his confusing Sierra quickly gave a description of the item.

"They're teleport items, they let you teleport to a location engraved on them. I use these to get to town when I need to buy supplies, since I'm employed as a tunnel caretaker I can get them really cheap, I'm sorry I can't offer more..."

Leon's eyes shone as he looked at the crystals. He had stopped listening after Sierra had told him that they let him travel to the town on this island.

"I only need one."

He picked up one of the crystals Sierra held out and looked at it, his eyes sparkling.

"Thank you for your help Sierra, with out you I would have been dead now."

"oh no, it's nothing. I hope we can meet again sometime."

"Of course."

He was only half-listening as he thought about finally getting to travel to a town.

And with those words he used the crystal. It felt like two invisible hands were pulling him upwards as he traveled. And then, he suddenly found himself next to a fountain made from white marble.

Around him there were many different houses made from timber, and there were a lot of people clad in all manners of different clothes wandering around.

"Wow..."

The city didn't have any walls surrounding it besides for a row of wooden poles which had been set up as a garrison together with a few towers. But that didn't mean the city was small, there were many houses and all manners of different stores. He could even see that some of the people walking by him were wearing things which weren't normal even in medieval times, a blonde girl wearing and armor made from green scales, a short man wearing a blue robe about twice as long as him.