Chapter 7: The Under The Counter Deal (1)

Leon finally walked out of the apohtecary as Lyle waved his goodbyes to his stumbling figure. Ira had practically drained his energy, while Lyle was accepting of almost all ideas Leon put up, Ira was much more cautious and took many other things into consideration in her alchemy.

But, there was a silver lining. She said that if he could come up with new recipes she would make them, even if it was poison. That meant he had acquired a way of making poisons, now he just needed the materials. And money, he would need money too.

Not only for this goal, but if he wanted to do anything in the future. As far as he knew, there weren't really any other players out here, yet. But there was no saying that they wouldn't be arriving soon, and for that he needed to be prepared. Not only that, but he was itching to go hunting after spending so much time in the city.

But for now he need to go visit Ein, the old man was probably waiting for him, seeing as he had said today was going to be the last time he needed to train. He walked up the stairs, it was much easier now that he had higher stats and he quickly made his way to the top.

"It is time, you have almost finished your introduction training. I feel blessed to have such a great disciple."

Ein caught him the moment he had made his way up the stairs.

"I've only been hitting some dummies though..."

"Great disciple!"

His tone was more commanding than encouraging.

"Now go hit that dummy some more."

Leon looked at the battered dummy, it seemed no matter how many times he struck it with the giant metal club it never broke, which might be a good thing as it gave him a lot of free XP.

He quickly got back into rhythm while hitting the dummy and it actually felt quite good, he had started to get the hang of the method for swinging and the feeling of the weapon, so it had actually become kind off fun to swing.

As he kept swinging, he didn't notice the blue shards that were flying out of the doll. But to those around it was definitely note able, that is if there had been anyone around. Suddenly, an arm flew off the doll without Leon noticed. Then another. Then a arm, and then the entire thing exploded into a bunch of blue shards.

These blue shards were accompanied by a a blue sign that was revealed to have been written on the wood beneath the doll.

Leon turned to his master, but the old man simply nodded.

So Leon did the most natural thing he knew.

He walked up to it, and tore the sigil off from the wood.

Sigil Of Mount Cait Acquired
+50 Soul

Ah, so this probably meant he had finished whatever this horrible training regiment he had been going through for the past days had been. But God, did the reward feel underwhelming.

"Here's is another gift, a special from me to you for you to set out on a great adventure."

Ein held out a small amulet in front of Leon, who took it carefully.

Class-C
Ein's Amulet Of The Disciple
+5 STR
+25% Soul Gain

It actually seemed to be a rather good item.

"Thank you."

Leon bowed to the old man.

"Just make sure to come back every now and then, I've got some great items in stock for people like you."