chapter 1: the album

Yo, so I decided to release it early, because I have a few chapters done and I was really excited to publish them. So here it is.

-------------------------------------------------------

February 30th was the day my life changed. The day I went from a low-life, struggling high school student, to a rising, A-listed, high-society living celebrity. It only took a month.

    "17 year-old Y/N Y/L/N released her debut album, 'Love like War' last month and instantly blew up. Let me tell you, Hannah, this teenager wrote, produced and mastered this whole album herself, and it hit the charts in only a week. Y/N's name is in everyone's mouth, there's even rumours she's been nominated for a grammy. It's been a month, Hannah, a month." Lawrence Meyers reported on the news channel I was currently watching. His partner, Hannah let off a light chuckle and they continued their conversation about me.

    Four weeks ago, I was just a junior at a ghetto high school in downtown Y/H/T, struggling with grades and homework so I could keep up with the album I had been writing for the past year. The second I sent my demo in to Capitol Records, I got an email asking when a good time was so I could come in and get signed. Two days later, my album dropped.

    'I'll be good' was the song that started my uprising. It was the song I'd first written for the album, and the song I spent the most time on. The day after it came out, I heard it on the radio driving to school. Little did I know, that would be the last school day I had to attend.

    The news reporter's voices mixed into the background, with my manager on the phone. I sighed and turned the TV off. I had only been famous for a month, and I was already growing tired of being talked about. The one thing I loved about it though was the fans. My fanbase quickly grew and I've made so many friends from around the world. Amazing people I never thought I would be able to meet.

    My manager let out a curse and aggressively ended her call. I turned on the small couch I was laying on and looked at her. She was shaking her head and pacing around the room.

    "Is everything okay, Jennifer?" I asked, getting up and sitting on the bed in my hotel room. She looked at me, blowing a rogue piece of hair that hung over her face from her messy ponytail.

    "To be honest, no." She started, she walked towards me, putting her phone in her pocket. "Looks like your tour will be pushed back to next January. I wanted to get it started as soon as possible, but CR (capitol records) can't fit in anymore tours in with EDEN's and 5 Seconds of Summer's right now."

    That meant my tour would start in 10 months, being it was March right now. I didn't really see that as a bad thing, it would give me time to write some more music. And now that I was apparently a big shot, I could probably work with some of my idols. I had always wanted to work with John Mayer, Blackbear or Mike Posner.

    I shrugged and looked at her. She was working hard for me 24/7, so I didn't want her to think I was disappointed that she couldn't get it started sooner. She sighed, a bit relieved but she opened her mouth to talk again.

    "Also, I know you wanted the Neighborhood as an opener, but they're struggling to stay together at the moment and the biggest band I could get to try to match them was Fifth Harmony." She let out so fast I almost didn't understand her. I didn't get why she was so nervous, I appreciated all the work she did for me.

    "Fifth Harmony as in that X-Factor girl group?" I asked, trying to sound interested like I didn't feel that bad that the NBHD wouldn't be opening for me. She nodded her head and looked down.

    "That's great!" I said, trying to cheer Jennifer up. I hated when people felt bad about something because of me. "I can't wait, thank you Jennifer. I'm actually happy it's starting next year, it'll give me time to write more music and get prepared. Do you think you could set me up a studio session with Blackbear? Writing with him would be the shit." I said, adding a little laugh to seem genuine. She perked up at my response and nodded.