chapter 9: metro boomin

Lauren's POV

The light coming through the blinds almost blinded me. But I guess that's what you get when you get a room with a bed right by the window.

I blinked a few times, bringing my arms up to stretch them out and work out the knots. I breathed in deeply and exhaled, taking in the morning light before relaxing back into the sheets.

I grabbed my phone from the table beside me and unlocked it. I had almost three hundred snapchats all from fans that I got close to and gave my private account. I sent a few snapchats back before going onto twitter and my memory being flooded with yesterday's events.

@dailymailUS: footage of Y/N Y/L/N passing out last night due to unknown causes leaked. *video attached*

I opened the video and watched as the girl stumbled into the hotel. I watched Y/N look around while the girls and the staff went crazy. I watched my own worried expression flash on the camera as I cupped Y/N's face before she fell.

I clicked onto the responses and wished I hadn't. People were off the wall, fans going crazy about how their 'baby' needed to take a break. Some people even became skeptical of Y/N and me, talking about how worried I looked and how I was on the verge of tears.

I was, but she was my friend. I'm sure if a friend of yours was about to pass out you'd be emotional too.

I huffed and got up, feeling her stomach growl. I threw on a pair of fuzzy socks and walked out of the room. From the kitchen, I could hear her favorite Polynesian's booming voice and Camila's laugh.

I walked to the bathroom door to take a leak but as she reached for the handle, the door swung open.

My breath caught in her throat as I took in the sight in front of me. Y/N stood, hair dripping wet. She wore a sports bra and towel wrapped around her waist. Her toned stomach stared into my soul and I bit my lip.

"Oh." Y/N said, my eyes raking her wet body before meeting her gaze. I gulped down the failed breath and fiddled with my fingers.

"Sorry, I'll get out of your way." I muttered, stepping to the side. The space between us was awkward.

"No, I'm sorry." Y/N tried, being her usual polite self. I looked around awkwardly, meeting Y/N's eyes again for a split second before looking away again. Y/N looked down and huffed.

"Lauren, look I don't like this tension between us. Can we talk, uh, privately?" She asked, shifting her towel.

"Uh, yeah. Like right now, or?"

Y/N looked down at herself, motioning to her bare body.

"Well, maybe I should get dressed first...-"

"Oh, yeah! No of course, you go get dressed. I'll wait right here, I won't move until you get back." I said, happily, maybe a little too happily.

Y/N sent me a tight-lipped smile and walked back into her room.

Nice going, dumbass. I cursed herself. I couldn't help it, Y/N's bare body intimidated the fuck out of me. I shook my head and tapped my foot. I couldn't really move, I told her I would wait here.

A loud crash came from the kitchen followed by a booming laugh.

"Dinah, stop!" Camila yelled, her cute giggle echoing through the suite.

"You're cooking it wrong, just move over and let me show you!" She snapped back, there was another crash.

"I wasn't doing it wrong. Look- what are you doing?! You ruined the WHOLE thing!" Camila groaned. I poked my head out of the hallway and took a look at the two.