chapter 5: ghost

So none of my chapters are fillers, YET at least. This chapter has practically no Canola or Laurenzo and literally no 5H but it'll give you a background on yourself and your ex. It's important so pay attention :)

Also I wrote this high on Adderall during school in the bathroom on a school laptop lol. I had them super fingers they were flying fast as fuck.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes forced themselves open, the hotel room still dark. Light poured through the cracks in the blinds, but they were small, resulting in the room still being almost black. I felt super heavy, a mild hangover pounding in the back of my head.

Something was in my pocket, moving and tickling. My phone was going off and I went to grab it but a weight stopped me. Two weights stopped me.

    Lauren laid against me, her arm wrapped around my torso. Her head was in the crook of my neck as I laid on my back. Camila's arm clung to my waist, she was a bit lower than us and her head used my side as a pillow.

    Somehow, the two had cuddled up to me and I wasn't complaining.

    I weaved my arm between the bodies and grabbed my phone, bringing it to my ear without reading the caller ID.

    "Hello?" I rasped out, closing my eyes again as the early morning exhaustion took over.

    "Hello, Y/N?" I recognized the voice and my eyes shot open.

    "Itsy?" I asked, sitting up. The girls fell onto the bed but thankfully didn't wake up. They shifted a bit, digging themselves farther into the sheets and pillows.

"Yeah, it's me."

I breathed in, biting my lip. Itzel, (I saw this name on instagram and thought it was cute. Pronounced its-ell) was my ex girlfriend who cut me off randomly when she moved away to another state. I had tried to get ahold of her multiple times and failed miserably. I didn't even know where she was. She ghosted me, which seemed impossible to me for a committed relationship. I was wrong.

I stood up from the bed and walked into the bathroom, quietly closing the door behind me and leaning against the wall. The memories of those first few weeks when she left flooding my vision. She put me through so much.

The silence over the line was deafening. The only sound coming from either end was no sound at all.

"Why did you call?" I asked, rubbing my forehead. The other line stayed quiet, after a while I figured she might've hung up but then she spoke.

"I miss you." She spoke those three words and I felt my heart flutter. I hated myself for getting excited. She broke my heart and didn't even care enough to apologize. I shook my head and felt a pain in my chest.

"You miss me?"

"I miss you so much. A day hasn't gone by that I haven't." She said, I heard her voice crack, she must have been crying. I sighed and slowly sat down, resting my head against the counter.

"Where are you?" I asked her.

"I-I'm in New York. I saw you were here and thought maybe I could see you."

So that's where she had left to. She wanted to see me. After a year, she wanted to see me. After she packed all her shit up and left, without telling me, she wanted to see me. She had ignored all of my texts, all of my calls. The way I learned she moved away was when her soccer coach posted a tribute in the yearbook, congratulating her on getting a scholarship to some preppy school and acknowledging the loss of the soccer team captain.