chapter 3: forget

We pulled up to 'Forget' in the limo I had Thomas order us. I mean, if we're going out we might as well go all out. No one really felt like changing and all of our outfits were decent enough so we just left after the venue.

    As we got out of the car, the heat from the moving bodies inside of 'Forget' wafting over to us. It was kind of disgusting but I guess that was the experience. I had never really been clubbing like this before. I had gone to high school parties but not big ones, just private affairs where we drank and smoked and listened to music.

    People stood in a long line, waiting for the bouncer to let them in through a door that was pulsing from the strobe lights that flicked on and off to the loud music.

    "WHOOO!" Dinah yelled, running up to the bouncer as a few people turned towards us. Flashes started going off and they weren't the strobe lights. I looked over and saw people taking pictures of us as we walked up to the bouncer.

    When he saw us, he stepped aside, allowing us to walk in. I was surprised that he didn't stop us as we entered, being I was only 17 and the 5H girls weren't 21 either. Perks of fame.

'Forget' was a large nightclub, the bar was to the left. Various people sat, drinking flaming drinks in colors I couldn't even name. There were a few tables scattered across the club, and some booths lining the sides but most of it was just dance floor. At the back was a huge set up for a DJ that was dancing along to his music.
The dance floor was full of young adults going at it. I couldn't understand how people knew what they were doing and who they were doing it on because of how dark it was. The strobe lights were bright but they kept flashing so everything looked more or less like a flipagram.

"You guys get a booth, I'll go get some driiiinks!" Dinah yelled over the music, pumping her fist in the air. Normani, Camila, Lauren and I made our way over to the only empty booth that sat in the far corner and was circular. Ally decided not to come because she was tired.

I ended up sitting in between Camila and Lauren. Lauren still seemed quiet but she lightened up a bit after the show.

"Dinah really likes to party, huh?" I asked Camila and she nodded.

"Yeah, but she's like this even when we're not partying so get used to it." I laughed at her response and side-eyed Lauren who was watching the dancers. She looked really beautiful in the strobe lights, the constant blue and purple lights radiated off of her creamy skin. She was so perfect, fuck her boyfriend.

Dinah found us and sat a tray full of shots stacked on top of each other with a plate full of lemons down. She eyed the liquor hungrily and passed shots around the table. I picked the shot up in my fingertips and brought it up to my nose, smelling it. I guessed it was a mix of patrone and vodka. Dinah really wanted us fucked up.

"Bottoms up, bitches!" Dinah yelled, tipping the shot into her mouth. She winced as she swallowed and shook her head. I watched each girl take their shot, Normani coughed as she downed hers and Lauren used one of the lemons. Camila took hers in two sips. They looked at me, waiting for me to take mine.
I sighed, before tipping the shot back into my mouth and swallowing it in one gulp. It stung a bit and tasted like shit but I took it like a champ. The girls cheered around me and Dinah passed more shots around.

Over the speakers, a loud voice sounded while the music died down. People started to groan.

"Alright, guys. Guess what time it is?" The voice yelled and the groans quickly turned into cheers. I looked around, not knowing what was going on while the girls around me whooped.

"In ten minutes, the annual strip contest will start! Winner gets free drinks for a month!" The voice continued. "We need up to ten volunteers, so if you want to participate, sign up at reception."