chapter 19: London is a bitch

*Y/N's POV- a few weeks later*

"Great job, ladies!" I yelled as the five girls of fifth harmony hurried off of the stage after the stage turned pitch black. It was now my turn to come on, and I was so ready.

They all grabbed waters, panting lightly as I high-fives them. They all hurried into the dressing room and I turned around as they closed the door behind them.

I walked onto the dark stage that was now covered by a thin white curtain. I could see lights on the other side for the fans, but they couldn't see me. I walked in front of the single mic on the stand that they left for me, and grabbed my guitar from the stand next to it.

Behind me, I nodded to Tashawn and Victor who walked in behind me and took their places in the back.

"Two minutes!" Jennifer whisper-yelled to me and I sent her a thumbs up while various crew members ran about the stage, fixing anything.

I looked at the mic in front of me and breathed in deeply. This show, along with many others, was sold out. That meant I had a whole arena to please. Of course the usual nerves were setting in, but I didn't worry about.

I knew the second those curtains dropped, and I saw all of my fans, they would disappear instantly. There was something about the performance high that I could never get enough of.

The lights started dimming on the other side of the curtain and I could hear the crowd start cheering. The strobe lights started, in blues and purples as Tashawn played the beat.

I strummed a chord, and if it was even possible, the crowd cheered even louder as lights turned on on my side of the curtain so the fans could see my silhouette.

Victor joined in and we started playing the chords as the sound people started to play my song without the words.

Just as I was about to sing, the curtains fell to the ground and I was enveloped in a darkness that only few would be able to experience. In front of me was thousands of fans cheering for only me.

"You said I, would hit the ceiling, you said I." I sang, not being able to contain my smile.

"You said I, should eat my feelings, head held high. I won't take anyone down if I crawl tonight. But I still let everyone down when I change in size."

The show went perfectly, throughout it, I talked to the fans a little and told short stories. Around the middle of the show, I decided to do something.

I was sitting on the edge of the stage, my legs dangling as I talked.

"So, London, tonight you guys are pretty lucky." I said, standing up and stretching my legs that were a little tense. The crowd erupted into cheers and I smiled.

I walked back to the middle of the stage and looked over to see Lauren watching me from backstage. She smiled at me and I quickly winked at her.

"This next song is a new song, that I actually finished writing on the plane ride here." Again, the cheers became louder and I laughed lightly at their reaction.

"I wrote this for, uh, a special someone." I laughed as the crowd freaked out, "It's called, Japanese Denim." I looked back and nodded at Victor to start playing. He strummed his fingers on the strings, creating the jazzy melody.

"I don't stand in lines, I don't pay for clubs, fuck that. But I'll wait for you. I don't like to drink, I don't like to think, but I ponder you." I looked over at Lauren who was watching me with an intensity. I wonder if she knew this song was about her.