chapter 2: 'best show yet'

Part two for the eight people who viewed this. Thanks babes :)

----------------------------------------------------

We made our way into the venue. Jennifer led us down a long, dark hallway that smelled musty. The girls trailed behind me, messing around and still excited over the fanbase encounter outside.

"You don't have any time to socialize, Y/N. You need to get dressed and be ready to get on stage in ten minutes, okay?" Jennifer said, writing something down on the clipboard she was holding. I nodded and started to feel the usual nerves build up. I played a show almost every night for the past month but I still got nervous about going on stage. I knew once I got going, I would get comfortable.

Jennifer led us down another hallway until we made it backstage. The voices of all the fans waiting were almost deafening.

"Your outfit is in the dressing room!" Jennifer yelled so I could hear her over all of the loudness. I nodded and she pushed me towards a room to the left. The girls followed me into it, closing the door behind them. The room was small, music played over a small speaker hanging on the ceiling.

"Oh my gosh, Y/N. Your fans are crazy." Normani said, chuckling. She and Ally sat down on the circle couch in the corner and kicked back, cuddling into each other. It was cute.

"Oh hell yeah." Dinah said, while she and Camila ran over to the refrigerator that sat next to a table full of food. They opened it and gasped.

"Dinah, language." Ally said.

"Sorry, mom." Dinah rolled her eyes and pulled out a couple juice boxes, throwing them to Normani and Ally. She offered one to me but I shook my head. I walked over to fridge and grabbed one of the beer bottles that sat in the door.

"I see you." Dinah laughed, putting back her juice box and grabbing a beer. I chuckled and turned around, hitting the end of the bottle on the side of the table. The cap flew off with a hiss and I took a swig of the alcohol.

I turned around and saw Lauren leaning against the wall on her phone. She seemed pretty caught up in something, she was typing aggressively. Her eyebrows were furrowed and had a look I couldn't describe etched across her face.

"How'd you get them to let you drink? Simon said he'd fire anyone that supplied anything for us." Camila said, grabbing a sandwich off of a plate on the food table.

"I don't know, the bosses at Capitol Records are pretty nice. They're more into giving freedom to their artists if we can still make them money. It sounds pretty messed up but it's nice to be able to be yourself." I said, taking another drink of my beer.

"You seem so laid back about it all. I wish we had more freedom. We can't even date anyone without running it by Simon first." Ally said, huffing. I gave her a sympathetic look.

"Simon seems to be behind a lot of things you guys do." I said, grabbing my outfit off the hook on the door. Grace, my outfit designer decided I was going to be a little informal. She picked a tan zip-up puma jacket and a black and white checkered flannel to go over it. Surprisingly, she had me wearing grey joggers which she always was yelling at me for wearing. She laid a few chokers for me to put on and a pair of adidas slip-on superstars.

"Yeah, he is. He has us doing some things we'd rather not but I guess that's the price of fame." Normani said as I slid into the changing room that was just a corner nook with a curtain around it. I started to strip off my clothing and get dressed.

"The public wants what the public wants." Dinah said. Her voice was muffled so I guessed she was eating something.

"You guys, we just ate. How are you hungry again?" Normani asked. I heard Dinah laugh and then Camila's cute giggle. I finished changing and walked out, folding my other clothes and putting them on the vanity. I felt eyes on me and looked over. Everyone was staring at me. Camila coughed and a bit of food fell out of her open mouth. I laughed.