chapter 20: if I'm Romeo, and she's Juliet...

Who's Rosaline?

If I'm Romeo, and Lauren is Juliet, then who is Rosaline?

Rosaline Capulet, the lesser known of the Capulet family who essentially played a bigger role then most believe. She had captured Romeo's heart before Juliet came into the picture.

Thinking over this analogy, I felt the idea slipping through my grasp as it didn't connect with our situation. Standing in the kitchen, Lauren's arms still around my neck as her boyfriend just witnessed our make out, I was still thinking about the fucking analogy.

Ty couldn't be Rosaline. No, Itzel would've been Rosaline, or maybe Camila... Ty would've been Paris, but a stupider, drugged-up Paris that Lord and Lady Capulet did not approve of.

"Are you fucking stupid? Bitch, I'm talking to you!"

And then, he was in my face. Ty's red eyes were staring into mine while Lauren was pushed to the side. He held me against the counter but this coward didn't scare me.

I couldn't keep in the chuckle that escaped my lips as he towered over me in a threatening way.

"Ty, just calm down." Lauren said, putting her hand on his shoulder but he just grabbed her wrist and threw it away from him.

"Don't touch me, you fucking whore." He turned towards her and started walking, making her step back from him.

I felt the humor fade away with each step he took, it was replaced by boiling anger. Anger that continued to heat up as Ty's fishy breath uttered hurtful words towards Lauren.

I couldn't even hear what he was saying over the steam coming out of my ears. He trapped her against the wall and held her there, tears forming in Lauren's beautiful eyes.

I promised myself right then, with my ability, I would never let Lauren cry again.

I cleared the spot between me and Ty in two strides.

"Hey, asshole," I ordered, tapping his shoulder vigorously. He turned, a scary glint in his black eyes.

Before I could think, I brought my arm back and swung as hard as I could, connecting my fist with his nose. He grunted and stumbled back as he held his nose that was thickly flowing blood.

"I'm going to kill you!" He yelled.

Oops.

Was all I could think before he was charging at me. His body knocked into me, sucking the wind from my lungs. I gasped as I hit the tiled floor, his arms pinning me to the ground.

"Ty, get off of her!" I heard Lauren yell. She started punching his back but he just grabbed her and threw her off of him.

I swung at him, clocking him in the jaw. It was a solid punch, but unfortunately, from my angle on the ground, it didn't do as much damage as I had hoped.

He snarled on top of me. He raised his arm and brought it down powerfully. I spotted it in time and moved my head so he missed it.

Sadly, his other fist came down shortly after. His knuckles hit right above my right eye. My vision blackened for a second as a ripping pain seared from the front to the back of my head.

"STOP IT!" Lauren sobbed, clawing at his back.

He swung again, this time hitting my bottom lip. As I recovered from the intense pain, I licked my lip and tasted the salty blood. I coughed as the blood thickened and pooled in the back of my throat.

"What the hell?!" I heard someone that wasn't Lauren yell.

In my dignity and lethal pride, I decided to do something really stupid. I gathered as much blood and saliva in my mouth that I could, and spit it at Ty. The bloody spit hitting him square in the face.