chapter 16: all we ever do is fight

SO SLOTHTATO MADE ME A NEW COVER AND I LOVE IT!!
But anyway, about this chapter you're about to read...
Sorry in advance
—————————————————————

Y/N's POV

"You're going to break up with Ty?" I repeated, more so speaking to myself then asking her.

Nonetheless, she nodded her head, her pointer finger hanging off of her bottom lip. Her eyes bored into my unfocused ones, waiting for approval.

She was going to break up with Ty. Right as I had gotten with Camila. Great timing.

"When?" I asked quietly, furrowing my eyebrows.

"When? Next time I see him, I guess." She answered.

"How?" I was hardly even paying attention, my ears were pounding, thoughts tumbling through my brain of what could've been.

"By saying 'we're through'?" She said, confused why I cared how she did it.

"Why?"

"Can you say something more then just one word?" She asked, smiling a bit. She was taking this lightly, like it was no big deal. She was breaking up with Ty for gods sake! I couldn't get the fact that if I had waited maybe a week later, I could've had a chance.

"Why, Lauren?" I asked firmly. Her confusion seemed to deepen as she thought about her answer.

"I fell out of love with him." She cleared her throat and looked down.

My reaction was probably not at all what she expected.

I held her gaze for a few seconds before I laughed and shook my head, throwing it back as I took a step away from her. Her mouth dropped slightly.

You had to be kidding me. Was that the only reason she wad going to break up with that idiot?

"What? What's so funny?"

I stopped laughing and looked at her like she was dumb.

"That's the only reason you're breaking up with him?" I asked.

"I mean, it's a pretty big reason..."

"Of course it is, but has everything he's ever done not played a factor?"

She looked taken aback at my little outburst.

"It's not really any of your business." She sassed, crossing her arms.

"It's not any of my business? You're my best fucking friend, of course it's my business! He cheated on you, multiple times, and you're saying you're breaking up with him because you 'fell out of love with him!'"

"Obviously the cheating played a factor!"

"What about the drugs? And all the fights?"

"Look, you know all this stuff but you never actually got to know him, okay? He wasn't that bad of a guy..." She trailed off and I scoffed loudly.

"Why are you defending him?" I asked, incredulously.

"I'm not defending him!" She shot back. I was happy the hum from the moving bus was loud enough that the girls downstairs couldn't hear our little fight.

"So, you're telling me..." I turned around and put my hand on my forehead. "You're breaking up with Ty because you don't love him anymore, he's cheated on you, and he can't even breath without hitting a blunt, but he's 'not a bad guy?'"

"Well when you put it that way-"

"There is no other way to put it! He's a terrible person!" I turned around and took a step towards her. I could see her anger building up, along with feeling my own.