chapter 23: mr. policeman, arrest her! she stole my heart

"Girl, fucking stop!" Dinah yelled in my ear while I couldn't keep myself from laughing after I killed her for the eighth time. She banged her ps4 controller on the ground but picked it back up before she came back to life in GTA 5. I could see where she was on my map and smirked to myself, before switching from my rpg to my sticky grenades and hopping in my $400,000 car.

Lauren watched us play from where her head rested on my thighs and she played with the fabric of my jeans, making my nerves go haywire.

I pushed away the urge to flinch and payed attention to my game. I drove through Los Santos and spotted Dinah, shooting a bunch of people so she could get the small $300 she needed to get the house with a 14 car garage she had been saving up for.

I drove by her and threw a sticky bomb on her, causing her to blow up and drop all of her cash because her dumbass didn't deposit it in the bank.

"FUCK YOU! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THAT TOOK ME TO MAKE, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE? I'm so done with you, what the fucking fuck!" She yelled, throwing her controller down, jumping up from the couch and stomping off to her room, letting out various cuss words as she slammed the door.
I wiped at my eyes, clearing them of my laughing tears and I turned the game and TV off and setting my controller next to me. Lauren sat up and leaned into me, resting her head on my shoulder as I wrapped my arm around her.

It was the last day that we were in London, and Lauren and I had spent every second together. Most of our time was with the girls too, but it was 24/7 with Lauren. Thankfully, Ty hadn't shown up anywhere so I was beginning to doubt that he stayed. I still hadn't talked to Jennifer even though she was just a floor under us, sharing a room with Roger.

I was beginning to think they had chemistry, but I convinced myself otherwise. Jennifer was incapable of human emotion.

"I talked to Camila the other day." Lauren said, making my eyes open. I hadn't realized I had closed them and almost fallen asleep.

"Oh? Is that not a regular thing?" I asked, confused by what she meant.

"Well yeah. I meant I talked to her, about us. About how she felt about us being together, since we're both her ex's." She wrapped her arm around my torso and snuggled into my chest.

"How did she feel about it?" I asked. Camila had given me her blessing to date Lauren, and apparently she gave Lauren her blessing after Ty beat me up.

"I don't know. She said she was okay with it, but, I guess, it was the way she said it that has me wondering if it really is."

"What do you mean?" I asked, intertwining my fingers in the green eyes beauty's.

"Well when I asked her, she hesitated and she smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. It was like I could see how it hurt her, but she didn't say anything. God, I hate having to do this to her." Lauren said, sadly.

"Anyone would. I wish that it didn't have to end up like this, and I just feel like everything is my fault. She's not herself anymore."

"Hey," She looked up at me, "it's not your fault. You can't just choose who you're going to fall in love with." Lauren said, but I still seemed unsure.

"Y/N, Camila understands that. She understands it more then you think. We just have to give her time to come back." She added quietly, I sighed and nodded my head. Of course, Camila had fallen in love with Lauren. So she would understand.

We sat silently, satisfied with each other's presence. I brought her closer to me and kissed the top of her head, the smell of her shampoo making me smile.

It had been about a while since Camila and I had split, but the guilt still haunted me. As much as it pains me to think, I should never have been with her. If I hadn't, it wouldn't have gotten this far.