11. black like the white of the snow

rain. rain is all i can hear, the ceaseless noise of water droplets hitting the ground,

     it fills up my mind and it's all i can hear. 

      the room i am in feels heavy, and acherontic with sombre eyes staring at me, the man's lips moving, yet i cannot hear anything, no sound,

     the man's eyebrows furrow, confusion spreading across his tired face. suddenly it seems like the sound of a man talking fades into my hearing, i swear.

      "ezra? are you feeling quite alright? you can go to the nurse if you don't feel well," his voice was everything the rain wasn't. 

     it echoed in my ears, his voice bounced off the walls, and radiated concern in form of warmth, my face burned, and i nodded.

      hallways are silent when classes are on, the rain however seems to be angry at it, and he continues to roar silently,

     his anger on the windows were as soft as a mothers caress.

     the nurse? what fixing do i need? my mind is slowly unraveling to borderline insanity,

     fixing is not the thing i need. i have pain that spreads like a disease and plagues my heart, leaving my soul feeling hollow and stygian.

     it's like ink on wet paper. it spreads everywhere, poisoning everything.

     everything is black. black like the white of the snow.

    the rain is still drumming a beat to my heartbeat, and it's closer.

     here i kneel, and here i stand, to the beating of the drums.

     here i am, with my hand over my chest, my eyes glazed,

     with a jaded heart, and sweat upon my brow,

     i ask myself, why do i hear harmonious murmurs?

     the saintly voices blend in with the harsh sound of soft rain,

     flowing just like a river, as soft as a rain drops blow, but their voices stood out like the harsh sound of water droplets hitting the windows glass.

- black like the white of the snow