79. the act of living

i am a thousand pieces of broken glass i am beyond repair i am beyond i am gone i am gone i am gone i wish i did not have these thoughts i wish this loud ringing of silence would stop my eyes are blurry my lips are swollen my heart is beating my ribcage will explode breathing hurts everything hurts everything is useless i am useless the future is nothing the past is all that there ever was and right now is never enough and happiness is temporary and pain is a grim reminder of tomorrow and no one actually feels anything because everything feels artificial and painful and disgusting and i feel as though the stars have died centuries ago who's to say we hadn't either but yet when i see her and the sun is shining on her and her eyes are golden and everything that makes me feel warm and her cheeks are warm and my hands are cold and shaking and this feeling she makes me feel fills me up like a warm bath on a weekday the stars are dead the stars are dead the stars are dead and everything i observe from earth is dead am i dead i wish i were dead for everything is futile and everything amounts to nothing why are we here oh god oh god oh god i want to sink to the bottom of the ocean where my lungs feel as though they're going to cave in and my body is numb and my ears are ringing and i can't help myself her or you please help i just don't want to feel alone anymore it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts make it stop why is it never quiet and why is it always so loud and why are my hands shaking oh god my hands are shaking and her eyes are widening and my mouth is faltering to produce any words and she's shaking her head and mouthing the word sorry sorry sorry and my heart is racing and i'm closing my eyes.

and just like that.

i wake up.

- the act of living