Prologue: A stranger in the park

It was  spring and for the first time in the new year, the sun actually shone over London. I was walking along side Hyde Park when I spotted a large crowd gathering. I moved closer to see what was going on.

A group of girls and young women surrounded an attractive young male, clearly all of them trying to get individual selfies with him. As always I cringed the thought of a selfie, I didn't like that it had become so popular and no one seemed to take real photos any more.

The guy seemed vaguely familiar but I couldn't quite place him. I could see that the women treated him like a celebrity and a few were even crying a little and some seemed like they were about to scream every second.

He seemed a little bit uncomfortable being shoved and pushed around between them but kept a smile on his face the whole time and hung his arm around the girls taking selfies. As I had never witnessed something quite this strange before, I did what I do in every situation like this. I pulled out my camera.

I climbed on top of the low stone hedge and moved along it until I found the best lighting. I got some rather good shots of the situation and loved that the girls' emotions very brilliantly captured by my camera.

I saw other people walk past, only looking for a glimpse but when they didn't recognise the guy, they kept moving. So at least I wasn't the only one who didn't know how he was.

It was obvious that the guy had had enough for now and wanted to get moving but the girls weren't letting go of him that easily. He stayed until everyone had gotten a photo before he politely excused himself. Having just separated from the group, he half turned with a big smile on his face and a light wave. I snapped the photo quickly before I watched a tenth of the girls follow him at a distance while the others spread out.

I glanced at my watch, realising how late I was and jumped down the hedge before resuming my route to the university. Damn, I didn't want to be late for yet another lecture. However no one would probably notice if I slipped in quietly and sat in the back as always.

I didn't get a chance to look at my photographs before I returned home after my lecture. I had gotten quite a few good shots. I picked out three photos, one of him taking selfies with two girls, one where he was surrounded but still smiling widely and the last one of him walking away. Looking back at the photos, I could understand why some of the girls had freaked out. I reasoned he had to be some sort of a celebrity, maybe a musician or an actor, but he was extremely good looking. He had darkish brown hair, cut in that style every young boy had these days, and his eyes were shimmering blue green, placed perfectly in absolute symmetrical face just above the charming smile.

I brought up my website and added a new post with the title "Spotted; fan girls in their natural state". I went on to write a small paragraph to go with the three pictures.

In Hyde Park today I witnessed a rather odd scene and as always I had to make a photographic memory. I saw what could only be described as fan girls fawning over a cute guy in the park today. Some of the girls were even crying and some shaking as much as aspen-leaves. Can anyone enlighten me who I had the pleasure of seeing this morning?

I added the photos and uploaded it to my site; by tomorrow someone would probably have answered my questions in the comments. Then I could figure out who this mystery celebrity was.

****************

Photo of the protagonist Abigail at the side.