Chapter 6: Celebratory video

I hated this. I shouldn't have agreed to this, I thought to myself as I walked down a crowded London street. I had the address but somehow I had gotten lost. I would stop and ask for directions but I didn't want to be a bother to anyone and frankly, I was almost too nervous to speak.

Emma had been so excited for me when I had mentioned I was going to meet up with Nate. As promised I hadn't told her anything about the special celebration. I was certain Emma thought he had asked me out and I didn't correct her. I would set her straight when I came back and I knew Emma would be annoyed about missing out on meeting more of her favourite YouTubers. I would worry about that later.

I found the address on my phone again. My heart was beating fast. I had left home early with plenty of time to get there but now I was late. They would probably start without me but I felt bad anyway.

My phone beeped and a text from Nate popped up.

*Hi Abbs. Everything alright?*

I bit into my lower lip and typed an answer.

*Yes, but I'm having trouble finding the place.*

A response came immediately.

*I'll come out front and find you*

Feeling utterly embarrassed and just wanting to go home, I looked around me for the hundredth time to try a spot a house number. I didn't see any but down the road I saw Nate waving his hands in my direction.

I half-ran down the road and was greeted by his lovely smile. His eyes glistened green in the sunlight. To my surprise, he pulled me into a tight hug that I instinctively reciprocated.

"I'm so sorry," I muttered. 

"It doesn't matter, we're just chilling right now and catching up. Come up and meet everyone," he said and casually put his hand around my shoulder. The gesture was so unfamiliar to me but he acted as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

He only broke the contact when we needed to enter the lift and couldn't both fit through the door. When the door opened on the top floor, I actually gasped.

It was a huge open space. The entire story was one giant room with only a few support pillars. It was bright white but with half a dozen filled spaces chattered around. Nine people were gathered in what appeared to be a lounge area with big couches.

I made a small jump and Nate glanced sideways at me. I sent him a small reassuring smile, letting him know that I was okay.

As we walked closer the group spotted us and looked our way. To my horror, five of them had cameras in their hands. I had completely forgotten the fact that these were Internet famous people that spend their lives vlogging every event.

I recognized four of the people, Hannah from the office and Zoe, Alfie and Marcus from the dinner introduction. They all smiled at me friendly and me being me, I gave a handshake to every single one of them and introduced myself. Even to the people I had already met.

The twins' names were Jack and Finn and I knew I would not be able to tell them apart at all. Caspar was the really tall guy and Joe was the average height guy that seemed short next to so many tall people. Dom was the slightly older than the rest and was from the YouTube office.

After my awkward introductory round I didn't know what to do and I felt that all of their eyes locked on me. I knew it was probably not true but I felt like that.

"Will you excuse me?" I said hastily and jogged towards the only couple of doors I could spot, assuming it would either be restrooms or offices.

One of the doors led to a bathroom, a really large one, which I hurried into and locked the door. Deep breaths, I told myself.