Chapter 22: #Natigail

Nate’s arms surrounded by body and kept me physically still but my mind was racing. I still hadn’t gotten over the fact that I had just reunited with my lovely boyfriend yesterday and that we hadn’t seen each other properly in a month.

My body was shaking. A fair amount of Louis’ viewers also watched Nate and it wouldn’t take long for the news to spread. It was reaffirmed by the fact that his phone was buzzing and I heard notification after notification bling in.

“I’m sorry,” he murmured into my hair.

I removed my head for his shoulder and placed my hands on his cheeks.

“You have nothing to be sorry about, honey. It’s not your fault, heck it isn’t even Louis’ fault. We knew it would happen eventually.”

He pulls me into a hug again.

“I know but I’m scared. You know Caspar’s girlfriend Gaby? There were a number of different reasons behind their breakup but one thing I know Caspar hated was when viewers were being intrusive and left mean comments on her Instagram account. I don’t want anyone to do that to you.”

Honestly, I was scared as well. I felt violated in some way, knowing that that footage of Nate and me was out there but we had been showing affection in public and deep down we knew that there could be consequences.

My phone started ringing and I was my sister’s number.

“It’s Emma,” I told Nate.

“Probably calling to tell about the whole ordeal,” he said. “I’m going to phone Louis, he keeps texting. Do we want him to take it down and cut the part out?”

“No,” I said and shook my head. “He doesn’t have to.”

Emma was frantic when I finally answered the call.

“Abbey! Did you see? In the airport?”

“Yeah, Ems. I did.”

“Are you alright? Do you want me to come over?” she asked concerned.

“Not right now, but maybe in an hour or so? I need to talk this over with Nate, but thank you, Em.”

“Of course. Phone me if you need anything.”

We both got off our phones at the same time. We went to sit on the couch. I’m not sure how long the silence hung between us.

“Are you okay?” Nate asked and gently stroked my hand.

“Yes. I just checked my previous blog posts with you. The comments are filled with the news.”

“Yeah, my Twitter and Instagram are blowing up and a few of my daily vlogs as well. How do you want to handle this?”

“Why don’t you send out a tweet confirming it? There’s no point in denying it and that would be cruel to your viewers.”

Together we constructed a tweet.

Yes, I have a girlfriend. She is amazing, lovely and I love her. That’s all you should need to know. Please don’t start rumours.”

As the swoosh sound exited his phone as he pressed send, I felt my stomach doing the same.

As always when Nate tweeted he got a lot of replies. Actually the tweets came in so fast on his computer that I couldn’t even really read them all. Nate tried to pause here and there and after some time, we got the jest of what people thought.

Someone thought that his girlfriend was Tina, the fellow YouTuber that he had hooked up with long ago. Some offered congratulations and some seemed really sad that he was “off the market”. Mostly though people just asked who I was and after a heated debate with Nate, I allowed for him to write a follow up tweet containing my name.