Chapter 25: Blogpost & Nate and Emma collab

Over the course of the next few weeks I slowly but surely became more and more comfortable around the camera. Nate was as always a wonderful boyfriend and never pressured me to be on when I didn’t want to.

I was finally beginning to understand why Nate had fallen in love with daily vlogging throughout the course of 2014. It was a diary of a sort and I had kept a diary throughout my teen years only to ditch it for my photography blog later.

The content of my blog also changed; it became a lot more personal. I had finally decided to make a post introducing my face officially to the blog since a lot of people had seen it in Nate’s vlogs anyhow, I couldn’t see the harm.

I knew I had a very supportive blogging community and felt like I could go to them if I needed a little cheering up. The comments interested in my relationship with Nate had thankfully also decreased.

I was sitting in Nate’s bed while he had to go out for an interview. I spend half my time in his flat now and he had even given me a key. I had freaked out a bit when he had handed it over but been eternally grateful. He acted like it was no big deal but I saw the sparkle in his eyes as he saw my excitement. He was so happy about my reaction and it was a big deal for him too.

I sighed and tried to focus on writing my post. It had become a habit of mine to daydream about Nate and think about our previous conversation. When it happened I usually called him up to tell him that I loved him but I knew that he would be busy and I retained myself and focused on the task at hand.

Hi.

I honestly don’t know how to begin. If you’ve been a loyal follower over the course of the last four months, you might have noticed that my focus has changed slightly. I’ve become more open, writing more than ever to comment my photos.

I’ve also begun to share more and more of my personal life and although it scares me, the positive response is pushing me to be brave. I am a human being and I think that might be why you reconnect with me.

I’m not a robotic photographer without a face. My name is Abigail Clover and I’m a nineteen-year-old girl who studies business and communication at London University although I’m taking a gap year after having finished my first year. I live in London with my sister Emma Clover; she’s a YouTuber and absolutely the best sister one could wish for. Check her out: www.youtube.com/EmmaClover.

I love watching Friends reruns, I am addicted to photography (I can’t see a photo opportunity and not pull out my camera) and I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow older.

Below are a selection of photos of me and some of the best people I know: family, friends and my boyfriend. I hope you enjoy them and like that you can now put a face to all those endless of post. Have a nice day or night and leave a comment below, letting me know a few facts about you.”

I sighed, feeling satisfied with my text but also a tad afraid. I had been gathering in photos for the last whole month. Firstly one of me in a summery outfit in my parents garden, then two of Emma and I laughing and chasing each other around our flat, then a photo of Kristina and I chatting at a café enjoying our beverages, a photo of Nate and I at dinner with Zoe, Alfie, Niomi and Marcus, one with Nate and I embracing and finally a close up of my eyes.

I heard the front door being unlocked very quietly and knew that Nate was probably on his way to surprise me.

I was proven right when he jumped into the bedroom saying some unrecognisable and holding his vlogging camera.

My hair was in a messy bun and I wasn’t wearing make-up but I was cuddled up in one of Nate’s TRYXE sweatshirt. I was under the covers and grinned widely at him.