Chapter 17: Vidcon Day 2

I laid tangled into Nate’s hot limbs as I woke but the only thought on my mind was Emma. Now that I felt a lot more rested, although I could use another couple of hours to be fully charged.

Nate grunted lightly as I snuck out of his grip but didn’t wake. I sent Emma an iMessage.

*Emma? Are you awake and okay?*

I went to brush my teeth and when I returned I hadn’t gotten a reply.

*Em, I need sign of life. Please respond?*

After a couple of minutes, I still hadn’t heard anything.

*Emma, I will call up all of the Vidcon security trying to locate you!*

Still, I didn’t get a reply and just as I was about to pick up the hotel phone to call around, I felt my mobile vibrate.

*Chirst, how are you awake so early. I’m alive and fine! Haddock.*

I breathed a sigh of relief. Haddock was our secret word to let each other know we where fine. He was our favourite character from Tintin.

Feeling a bit more at ease, I crawled back into bed and cuddled up next to Nate.

“Abbs?” Nate whispered, his voice heavy with sleep. “You all right?”

“Yes, I just had to check up on Emma. I was worried about her,” I said and turned around so we were face to face.

He was a very handsome young man but I found him most beautiful in the morning. Nothing but raw emotions on his face and the way his face lit up with a smile as our eyes found each other.

“She’s okay? You know she can crash here if she needs to.”

“I know but she wouldn’t want that. She’s much more capable at taking care of herself in unfamiliar surroundings than I am. She found some people that she could stay with.”

We laid snuggled up for about an hour or so until the hunger drove us to rise. Nate had a rehearsal around noon and then his first individual meet-up ever. He was very nervous about it since he usually partnered with some of his YouTube friends.

We ordered room service since I didn’t really feel like going out and all the surrounding breakfast places would be packed with convention goers and Nate would be easily recognized. He didn’t really mind it at all and I knew that his viewers generally were very kind and respective of his privacy but of course some didn’t know the concept of personal space. Luckily that was only a fraction of his very large audience.

Having stuffed us with the delicious food and being quite healthy as Nate tried being healthy together with most of the other YouTube boys and I was happy to try it out to.

He had to go to a meeting and agreed to come pick me up and take me with to the rehearsal. I was about to dismiss his invitation but he told me that I could just stay with Lucy, Natalie and Dom.

I read through comments on my website and found the overwhelming response that usually only was generated by YouTube-related posts. People asked me to keep taking photos and that they loved seeing it through my eyes but I wasn’t sure I could do that.

Having a pass to most of the backstage area would need explaining, and was I really ready to admit my relationship with one of the top 150 most subscribed channels?

Nate had finished his meeting and picked me up and was now leading me to a backstage hangout area where the other YouTubers and the managers waited until they could start rehearsal. I had skyped with Emma on our phones and she sounded happy as ever and I was so glad that she also got the opportunity to come to a convention that mattered so much to her. I was still a bit worried that we needed to go see our brother when Vidcon was over. I really missed him but the last time he hadn’t been in a very good condition, I only hoped he had gotten better like his e-mails promised.