CHAPTER 1

LILY

I sigh and sit on the porch where I could listen to people playing and laughing outside. I always loved sitting outside because there it's so peaceful and there are just so many sounds to listen to. Sometimes I would even go and sit in the garden. I would touch each flower and plant with tender care. It's all I could do since I can't see. I haven't been able to see in fourteen years. Even my wolf is blind. 

It all started when we were in hiding in the woods. We camped there for months to prepare for the war toward Kendrick. However, on one cold winters night, I couldn't sleep. I crawled out of my tent and decided I wanted to go for a little wonder. And so I put on my fluffy gown and went into the snow. Everything looked so pretty and white. When I came to the river, it was frozen solid. I wanted to walk on it and look at what's underneath. But I was scared.

I felt a strange presence behind me. I twirled around and my breath hitched when I was met with glowing green eyes. The eyes watched me intensely from the dark. 

"Hello?" I said gently. 

The eyes growled. For some reason, I did not feel scared. I was curious. I took a step forward, "Why don't you come out?" I ask. 

The eyes squinted slightly in question. A deep and raspy voice echoed out of the darkness, "I do not want to frighten you, Flower."

I tilted my head and giggled, "My name isn't flower, it's Lily."

"Isn't there a flower that's called Lily?"

"Yes."

"Then you are my flower."

I smiled and nodded my head. 

"Are you afraid?"

I shook my head, "No, because I am your flower."

I took another step forward, however as I did that, the glowing green eyes snarled at me. I yelped in fright and I stumbled back. 

 I couldn't stop myself as I fell unto the frozen river. I was scared. "O-o-o-oh n-n-no." I stuttered. The crack of the ice felt like it pierced my heart with fear. The ice is breaking. I saw the small crack in the ice keep traveling around me in a circle. 

And then it broke...and I fell into the ice-cold water. 

My body was consumed with ice. I felt like a thousand knives were stabbing me everywhere. I tried to swim, but I didn't know which way was up or down as air bubbles were bursting everywhere. Out of panic, I screamed underwater, wanting someone to help me. My lungs release air, but I guess from automatic instinct, I sucked in what my lungs hoped to be air, but was water. 

Water filled my lungs, making me chock and drown. I began to sink down the river, a numbness flooded into my mind. Suddenly something grabbed me and I was pulled up and out of the water. 

I inhaled the biggest breath of air and exhaled a painful cough. I was dragged away from the river and rested on a tree. I looked up at my savior and saw my glowing green eyes before I felt my mind fell into darkness.